Need to most bomber rain pants possible

Shredded my second set of SEAK pants from First Lite today. I hunt western wa and it is infested with blackberry bushes. I’m forced to smash through them while going here and there looking for black tails. What other options do I have? All I need is something to keep me totally dry and not be PVC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sneek-ee

WKR
My Beretta thorn resistant gtx pants are the only things I've had that have held up to abuse. They are great pants.

OP
O
My Beretta thorn resistant gtx pants are the only things I've had that have held up to abuse. They are great pants.

How water proof are they? Sit out in downpour all day water proof? Have you hammered through massive piles of thorns with them?

OP
O
Looks like they don’t make them anymore unfortunately. Has anyone ever used Filson chaps? That may be a good option. Probably hot but indestructible.

sneek-ee

WKR
Never sat in a downpour getting drenched for an entire day. Usually find cover if it gets that bad.
I have hiked all day in them in the wet. Rain and/or wet snow, against brush all day and had zero issues staying dry. They are a little warm for early season, but October on, they are fine. I use mine a lot for bird hunting, and they've held up awesome.

How many seasons do you expect them to last? The Yukon’s are pretty tough. When it’s really wet I just wear Simms waders to stay dry. But I have put holes in both of those in Alaska devils club and alder thickets.

Just learn to use the Gore Tex sealer cement and patches if necessary. Realistically you can only hope to get a season or two in those conditions.

The plant life in the coastal PNW will destroy most rain pants. If the blackberry doesn't getcha, the salmonberry will. Lord knows it shredded me.

Aug salmonberry.jpg

medic man

FNG
Have you tried military vortex coats and pants? They are a little heavier, but are tough as nails. I have beat on my gortex pretty hard here in Nevada

medic man

FNG
Have you tried military vortex coats and pants? They are a little heavier, but are tough as nails. I have beat on my gortex pretty hard here in Nevada

BuckHunter24

Lil-Rokslider
Tin pants

Storm defender

I've gone through lots of rain gear and spent lots of time in heavy rain. Here's the two I own, don't foresee changing either. They both make coats along with the pants/bibs. The tin cloth is nice, but gotta keep it oiled.