Needing a scope

Looks like I’m in the market for a new scope. Prefer something that I can dial. Prefer moa. Doesn’t have to be Christmas tree reticle. I like the leupold vx5 but y’all keep dogging it, so what do y’all like. $1000 max. And I’d prefer it to not feel like an 8” block on top of my rifle.

BIG_KUMAR

Lil-Rokslider
I was very happy with the SHV’s that I have had. Used a couple of the F1 scopes for two or three years until I decided that I wanted to try something new, but I wouldn’t hesitate to go back. They always tracked well for me and the glass was good enough to my eye.

fwafwow

WKR
Classified Approved
Next time I drop money on a scope it will be the shv f1 4-14.
This one is on my short list. I think the eye relief is a little short. But I’m changing up my bases so it may matter less to me.

nobody

WKR
Nightforce SHV
Trijicon Credo/Tenmile
SWFA of whatever flavor you choose, put the money saved towards gas money. Heaven knows we would all need it this fall haha.

But hey, I'm just some random guy on the internet...

SpringM1A

Lil-Rokslider
Vortex PST Gen 2
Bushnell Élite Tactical
Burris XTR
Nightforce NX8
Kahles as mentioned above
Nightforce ATACR
Zeiss LRP S5
Zero Compromise

I have purchased (3) ATACR's used that fall in you budget.
Current Scopes used for PRS
NF ATACR 5-25 C577 5-25 F1 Mil / Mil Horus Reticle 34mm (Bought Used) on 6XC Open Class
Zeiss LRP S5 5-25 F1 Mil / Mil Zeiss's Christmas Tree Reticle 34mm (New with a 30 % Off Coupon) on 308 Tactical Class

gr8fuldoug

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Today's the last day of our Labor Day Sale, so we can save you some serious $$$$. As a long standing supporting vendor here on the forum it is our pleasure to assist in discussing different options and opportunities with you. Please give a call, 516-217-1000, when you have a few moments

Vortex PST Gen 2
Bushnell Élite Tactical
Burris XTR
Nightforce NX8
Kahles as mentioned above
Nightforce ATACR
Zeiss LRP S5
Zero Compromise

I have purchased (3) ATACR's used that fall in you budget.
Current Scopes used for PRS
NF ATACR 5-25 C577 5-25 F1 Mil / Mil Horus Reticle 34mm (Bought Used) on 6XC Open Class
Zeiss LRP S5 5-25 F1 Mil / Mil Zeiss's Christmas Tree Reticle 34mm (New with a 30 % Off Coupon) on 308 Tactical Class
I would strongly advise the OP to avoid the Burris XTR III if he intends to hunt with it. On the non-illuminated 3.3-18 model, the crosshairs are so fine that they are useless below 8X. The scope really struggles with poor light as well.

OP
Pickettpuncher
Thanks for the replies guys. I probably won’t get the gun in hand for another month. Probably wait until Black Friday/cyber Monday to order. That’ll give me plenty of time to research the various models, and I may even find something before that someone wants rid of.

Gone4Days

WKR
I have a SHV 3-10 already but just picked up a Credo HX 4-16x50 for $679 on Eurooptic. Good deal.