Needing advice/info on a Tikka t3 Tac A1 6.5 creedmore

Rwbrew3

WKR
Hoping someone can help me out on this. I have a savage stealth 6.5 creedmore and now I'm looking to get a Tikka T3 tac m1
In 6.5 creed.... I have a T3 lite chambered in 308 and love it.....

I can not find any reviews that give much info, does anyone here currently own or know anything about it, I'm thinking if its a tikka it has to be a shooter! Pros and cons would be great, theye are running $1800 new or should i look in another direction, I am knew to the 6.5 world ( haven't even shot the savage yet )

Any info would be be very much appreciated !!

Thanks
RIck

mtnwrunner

Super Moderator
Staff member
Well, my buddy has one and brought it with him this year on our annual rock chuck safari. Bottom line is that he shot eight rounds out of it for his zero and his dope and had a 850 yard kill on a chuck with just 8 rounds through the rifle. It only got better from there. It is a very solid rifle. And this was from factory ammo.
And for the record, it is creedmoor not creedmore. Seems a lot of folks can't spell that one:rolleyes:

Randy

OP
Rwbrew3

Rwbrew3

WKR
Spelling noted- lol - thanks - I pulled the trigger on it a few days ago !

OP
Rwbrew3

Rwbrew3

WKR
You will be one happy camper!

randy

Thank you man, now in the process of scope purchase, think I'm down to a few, vortex razor hd gen 2 4.5-27x50 or a Steiner
Not sure yet, i have a vortex pst on my savage stealth 6.5 and a few sets of binos from vortex and I've been pleased.

Night force might be an option aswell

OP
Rwbrew3

Rwbrew3

WKR
correction, I'm sorry i thought we where talking about my tikka t3 308, sorry !

As far as the savage goes, I have never fired a single round through it, but i know i will like it!!

OP
Rwbrew3

Rwbrew3

WKR
Well i picked up my tikka t3x tac a1 - Super impressed with it out of the box, the finish and attention to details is incredible. It is a heavy one for sure and I'm adding a 3lb scope to it ( vortex razor gen 2 4.5-27x56 FFP ) should have it Monday and will get it mounted up in some Burris rings, or a 20moa mount, I'm undecided at this point.

Looking forward to this dude and what it can do, very green to this long range shooting so i have a lot to learn, plan on taking a coarse here very soon.....