Nemo Chogori 2P Tent

jake_1993

Lil-Rokslider
Anyone have any personal experience in late season with Nemo Chogori 2P? How does it hold up in snow, high winds, any leaks, ventilation, vestibule usability?

Rail505

FNG
Looking at this tent as well. Hoping ro hear from any experienced users on this tent

Krieg Hetzen

Lil-Rokslider
I had the 3 man version of that tent. It was great for moose season last year, dealt with rain and high winds no issue, including freezing rain one night (the kind that freezes to the tent and makes it super heavy). Very quick and easy to set up, the little vestibules are nice and overall its just a great tent. Only complaint would be the weight BUT thats what you get with a 4 season tent. Only reason is I don’t have mine is that I improperly strapped it to the outside of my pack when crossing a waterfall during a thunderstorm... It got wet, fell out and landed in an unretrievable place. So I have the poles for it and not the canopy, a lot of use that is! Its a good tent and I’d recommend It especially at the ExpertVoice price.

Rail505

FNG
I had the 3 man version of that tent. It was great for moose season last year, dealt with rain and high winds no issue, including freezing rain one night (the kind that freezes to the tent and makes it super heavy). Very quick and easy to set up, the little vestibules are nice and overall its just a great tent. Only complaint would be the weight BUT thats what you get with a 4 season tent. Only reason is I don’t have mine is that I improperly strapped it to the outside of my pack when crossing a waterfall during a thunderstorm... It got wet, fell out and landed in an unretrievable place. So I have the poles for it and not the canopy, a lot of use that is! Its a good tent and I’d recommend It especially at the ExpertVoice price.
Right on. Cant decide between this the Chogori/Endurance and Kunai/Kodiak. Chogori/Endurance has a bit more floor space to be able to put 2 long/wide sleeping pads side by side, but at the expense of about 1 more pound and bigger in size. Realistically i see myself using this maybe 6 times a year but i dont want to have to make another tent purchase down the road. Kinda want to use this for the wife, kid and myself if we go camping bu a lake or in the woods. Not sure which to get yet.

sneaky

"DADDY"
Right on. Cant decide between this the Chogori/Endurance and Kunai/Kodiak. Chogori/Endurance has a bit more floor space to be able to put 2 long/wide sleeping pads side by side, but at the expense of about 1 more pound and bigger in size. Realistically i see myself using this maybe 6 times a year but i dont want to have to make another tent purchase down the road. Kinda want to use this for the wife, kid and myself if we go camping bu a lake or in the woods. Not sure which to get yet.
You'll end up with multiple tents because there's no one tent that does everything well.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Rail505

FNG
You'll end up with multiple tents because there's no one tent that does everything well.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Ok, I rely on people’s here advice since i am completely new to all of this.
Of these two i mentioned, which would be a better first tent for me. Planning on hunting in NM next year, and hopefully will try it out a few nights a year with my wife and 5 yr old son out in the Sandia mountains and hopefully at a lake or two. My thinking is the 4 season since it covers it all, but dont really think ill be in 3ft snow anywhere i realistically plan to camp/hunt and based of what you mentioned now im thinking the Kunai/Kodial

CO-AJ

WKR
Just a couple things to further complicate the process. Remember a 2P 99% of the time is 1P with some room for gear. Two loaded out guys for hunting in a 2P likely need to be VERY good friends. Putting your wife, you, and kid in the tent is going to be very tight as well. I have moved to a floorless tipi style for versatility. For a hunt there is plenty of room and you can add a stove. For the family you can drop in a nest which keeps bugs at bay. They are light and shed wind, rain, and snow, pretty well. Now if you anticipate your hunts being in Antarctic like extremes the tipi ain't gonna cut it, in that case add 500.00 to your budget and go to a Hilleberg Black Label tent.

Krieg Hetzen

Lil-Rokslider
Get the 3P if youre bringing everyone along. My buddy and I fit in it with our clothes and that’s about it. There was about 18inches of so space between my sleeping pad and his. Nice thing about the Choguri is that even in the wind its a 5 minute setup by yourself. No experience with their other offerings though.

Rail505

FNG
Get the 3P if youre bringing everyone along. My buddy and I fit in it with our clothes and that’s about it. There was about 18inches of so space between my sleeping pad and his. Nice thing about the Choguri is that even in the wind its a 5 minute setup by yourself. No experience with their other offerings though.
Would i be missing out by having the tent wall and rain fly 2-in-1 of the Choguri during summer time use if say i wanted to stargaze or it was a bit hot out?

Krieg Hetzen

Lil-Rokslider
The layers are sewn together with a 1.5-2 inches of room between them. Cant separate them and cant stargaze. I found mine impossible to sleep much past 10am in September moose hunts in the mountains. That sun hits it and it warms up real quick. Theres two vents in the peak of the tent running length wise and two doors that you can run just the mosquito netting part to keep temps down. For us We were always going to bed with temps in the mid 30s or colder so the vents and doors stayed closed.