Nemo Forte 20

Dex79

FNG
Hey

Considering buying a Nemo Forte 20 as a 3 season do it all type bag.

My thoughts are the climate here can be very wet so synthetic is a good idea, the gills will help in the warmer months to regulate heat and I also struggle in full on mummy type bags just being too claustrophobic tending to be a side sleeper.

Any reasons folks would avoid it or what other options might I not have come across. Looking to stay in the same ball park budget.

Thanks
Dex

I have used it for two seasons now and really like it - wish it was a little lighter but for the price it’s hard to beat for side sleepers like me.

egarviz

FNG
You should look into a synthetic quilt, better for side sleepers, and with some of the enlightened equipment quilts, they can be fully unzipped for blanket style during warmer nights.

OP
Dex79

Dex79

FNG
Have to admit I don't really know anything about quilts. I thought they were really just envelope style sleeping bags.
I'll have to look into it thanks.

egarviz

FNG
Have to admit I don't really know anything about quilts. I thought they were really just envelope style sleeping bags.
I'll have to look into it thanks.
When you're sleeping in a mummy bag, the underside (especially under the torso) is compressed hence there is no loft in the bag to provide warmth. So the idea is just to remove the unnecessary underside. The benefit being it's more lightweight and you have more space to move around yet you still have the option to cinch it up mummy style.