Nemo hornet 1p vs 2p

Looking at buying a Nemo hornet and can't decide between 1p and 2p not much of a weight difference anyone with first hand experience let me know what you think is better.

sneaky

"DADDY"
2p. I had a 1p, great little tent but the room in the 2p is worth the slight weight gain. Dragonfly is essentially the same tent, only a freestanding version. Hornet isn't completely freestanding.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

sneaky

"DADDY"
Depends on whether freestanding is important to you. They have made design changes to the Hornet for this year to increase room inside, but personally I prefer freestanding tents if I'm using a floored shelter.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Mountain_Life

Lil-Rokslider
IMO if you buy the 1P this year, you'll be selling it next year to upgrade to a 2P. The ability to store your gear inside the tent with you with minimal weight gain is huge. There are easier ways to cut ounces.

I have a 1p I’m about to sell. I picked up a trek pole tent and have no need for it any more. The hornet is great for what it is, a sub 30 oz semi freestanding. I think it has plenty of room for a minimalist

I am looking at the Nemo 1P Dragonfly. This is a large 1 man with a 10sq.ft vestibule. I think this would be the 1P to get if looking to get a 1P.