Nemo Hornet 2p?

What are your thoughts on the Hornet 2p? Can it withstand a rainstorm or should I go with the dagger 2p?

sneaky

"DADDY"
It can, but it isn't totally freestanding if that matters to you. I would take a look at the new Dragonfly if you want a lightweight 2 man freestanding tent from Nemo. Dagger is a fine tent as well.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Summit1

FNG
We had a nasty two day rain storm while up elk hunting last year, everything stayed nice and dry in my Hornet. I have slept in the 2p hornet with my 10 yo son, but that was pushing it. For one guy and a pack it's about perfect. Brad

Ledanek

Lil-Rokslider
We had a nasty two day rain storm while up elk hunting last year, everything stayed nice and dry in my Hornet. I have slept in the 2p hornet with my 10 yo son, but that was pushing it. For one guy and a pack it's about perfect. Brad
That opening by the head, where the rain fly doesn't cover to reduce condensation, wasn't an issue? Rain didn't go thru the material?
Thanks for the feedback.

Summit1

FNG
I've never had rain leak in to this tent. I feel that the rain fly covers more than adequately to block rain from coming in. I have probably spent around 30 nights in this tent now and the only real complaint that I have found is the tent stakes that come with it are terrible, but that is easily fixed. Brad

Ledanek

Lil-Rokslider
I've never had rain leak in to this tent. I feel that the rain fly covers more than adequately to block rain from coming in. I have probably spent around 30 nights in this tent now and the only real complaint that I have found is the tent stakes that come with it are terrible, but that is easily fixed. Brad
I'm really liking this tent.
Still trying to compare to similar features from Big Agnes and MSR.
Just not a fan of Yellow nor deep Red colors

Dagger 2P is an awesome tent!

For taller guys, I'd believe it. I'm 6'1" and just got a Hornet, which really does seem like an awesome tent, but my one gripe is the head room when seated, especially when sitting on 1 or 2 sleeping pads and the bag.

I got interested in the Dagger and noticed it has like 3" more headroom amd a tiny bit more floor space. It's about a pound heavier, IIRC, but if you were stuck in there for any period of time, the extra room might be worth it. Given the price difference, if I were to do it over again, I would be very interested in the Dagger.

Glad to hear it! Sure is an awesome tent. Very easy to set up the base tent in windy conditions, which I really struggled with when using other tents. The pole structure is so simple.