Nemo Hornet Elite 2p

rslscobra

FNG
Hello, for those that have used this tent how do you like it. Thinking about purchasing one for sept elk hunt.

07yzryder

Lil-Rokslider
If by any chance youre in Vegas I have the standard non elite version and can check it out. Bought it for hunting this year so can't review it yet.

I will note do some research on the standard vs elite, the elite I believe is a little lighter and a little less durable due to the silnylon. It's why I went with the standard over elite.

mmac

WKR
I have the standard hornet and really like it. I have had it in thunderstorms and light hail and did fine. I like the space for one and free standing. For 2 lbs, hard to beat. If I went lighter would go to z packs and the Big Agnes I am sure are nice too.

jmo3663

FNG
Can't really speak on the Elite, but I believe its a lighter, updated version of the Hornet. I have the Nemo Hornet 2P, it's around 2lbs, dual entry points, and decent size vestibule to store gear. The footprint is also smaller than most 2P tents, so its easier to find flat ground to set up, if your backpack hunting. From what I can tell the Elite and Hornet are very similar, the Elite is lighter.

Jon Boy

WKR
I have the standard hornet. Basically same tent just a few oz heavier. I love it. Having dual side entries is what sold me and really love that feature. Gear goes in one vestibule that I can access via one side and the other side I enter the tent in and take my boots off in ease. I cant say I've had it in nasty weather other than cold yet and with it being so light it does feel a bit flimsy. Haven't heard of anyone having any problems yet,