NEMO HORNET TENT

USMC2378

Lil-Rokslider
Has anyone used the Nemo Hornet tent could you tell me your experience with it? How is durability? I am thinking of purchasing this tent to take it hunting at 7000 ft just not sure about the quality & durability. Would it be a good option or any other recommendations?

I have the 2P, and it's hardly big enough for two people, but it's a good tent. Very easy to set up, and very lightweight. Comes with good stakes too.

Summitdog

Lil-Rokslider
The tent is very light but certainly not the most resilient tent made. The floor is micro-thin. The slightest sharp point on a stick, twig, or thorn will quickly puncture floor.

If you’re looking lightweight this is the tent for you. If you’re looking for a super-strong robust tent you need to reconsider.

Scotty

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mmac

WKR
I had one and used it for scouting and a Sept elk hunt. Had it through multiple thunderstorms and it did well. It is ultralight, so you get thin. But never had an issue and perfect for one, not for 2.

ghost338

FNG
I have the 2P. Great tent for my use... high mountain packing where weight and bugs are concerns. I use it as a one person with limited gear inside. It would be a tight fit for two people with all gear outside. So far so good on quality. No issues with mine. On durability it is light, as designed by Nemo, so would recommend a footprint of some sort if the ground is nasty. I got caught in a full day of rain clouds on the side of a mountain and had no issues with water or venting. It worked as designed.

OP
U

USMC2378

Lil-Rokslider
I had one and used it for scouting and a Sept elk hunt. Had it through multiple thunderstorms and it did well. It is ultralight, so you get thin. But never had an issue and perfect for one, not for 2.
Thank you for the feedback! I guess I’m just worried it’s not durable for hunting. How was the water repellency any issues at all?

OP
U

USMC2378

Lil-Rokslider
The tent is very light but certainly not the most resilient tent made. The floor is micro-thin. The slightest sharp point on a stick, twig, or thorn will quickly puncture floor.

If you’re looking lightweight this is the tent for you. If you’re looking for a super-strong robust tent you need to reconsider.

Scotty

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks for the info I really appreciate it.

OP
U

USMC2378

Lil-Rokslider
I have the 2P. Great tent for my use... high mountain packing where weight and bugs are concerns. I use it as a one person with limited gear inside. It would be a tight fit for two people with all gear outside. So far so good on quality. No issues with mine. On durability it is light, as designed by Nemo, so would recommend a footprint of some sort if the ground is nasty. I got caught in a full day of rain clouds on the side of a mountain and had no issues with water or venting. It worked as designed.
That’s what my main concern is I do want something lightweight that will work at least for one or two seasons hopefully more. I am mainly worried about destroying the tent while out in the woods. It’s great to know that taking some extra precautions will allow me to use it for at least one or two seasons.