NEMO tensor vs sea to summit comfort plus

Baron85

WKR
I’m 6’5, 220# side sleeper that rolls back and forth. I went to REI and liked both of these pads the best out of what they had available to try. I’m leaning toward the tensor based on weight but concerned that maybe it won’t be as durable? I also see that sea to summit has lighter weight versions of the comfort plus but was not able to try them.

Please give me some feedback to help make a good decision.

sneaky

"DADDY"
How many different pads did you test? Wide versions of them I'm guessing. The lighter versions of the S2S pads will be about the same durability wise as the Nemo tensor you looked at.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Trial153

WKR
I cant speak for the sea to summit pad . I have 30ish nights on a Nemo Tensor insulated pad, the wide version ...its been soild, looks like new. Hold air great. I most side sleep and it's pretty comfortable.

OP
B

Baron85

WKR
I tested all the ones they had in display that came in a wide long. I believe there was a big Agnes, thermarest, rei brand, and I believe an exped.

PlanoDano

FNG
I carry a short tensor. I was going to leave the inflation bag at home to save weight but after using it I am more than willing to tote the extra couple of ounces.

Jbehredt

WKR
S2S comfort plus is a dream to sleep on. The dual chambers aren’t a gimmick. Fully inflate the lower and leave the upper soft. It’s like a pillow top. There is a weight penalty but as of now I’ve decided to pay it. After laying on mine the wife decided she’s going to happily lug one around as well. No experience on the Nemo.

I just bought a S2s ether light xt insulayed. I am 6.3. Side sleeper. I went with wide regular to save weight. I usually pull my knees up and set my pillow up off the pad so don’t need 6.6 of pad.

1 night in it and I am happy. Looking for some more backpacking this summer with it but the extra thickness adds comfort.

Big fan of the Tensor insulated. I have the long-wide version. I think I may have preferred the regular length and width, but it's not that much extra weight/bulk.

jragsdal

Lil-Rokslider
Another vote for the Nemo Tensor Long/wide.
I’m 6’4”and 250lbs. I’ve got about 5 nights on mine and love it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HookUp

WKR
Vote for the Long wide tensor. I sleep amazing on it. Gave it to a buddy on a hotel floor and he said it was great to.

OP
B

Baron85

WKR
Well I ended up buying the long wide Nemo tensor alpine as well as the long wide comfort plus. Also grabbed a long wide exped synmat UL winter.

I have only slept on the Nemo so far, 2 nights. It’s comfortable but haven’t got the pressure just right. First night was too much and second night too low.

Just laying on all 3 the sea to summit feels the most stable followed by the Nemo and last the exped. I don’t like the vertical ribs on the exped and it feels like your constantly wobbly. I’m concerned with the thickness of the comfort plus but will have to get it out and test it.

Jbehredt

WKR
Well I ended up buying the long wide Nemo tensor alpine as well as the long wide comfort plus. Also grabbed a long wide exped synmat UL winter.

I have only slept on the Nemo so far, 2 nights. It’s comfortable but haven’t got the pressure just right. First night was too much and second night too low.

Just laying on all 3 the sea to summit feels the most stable followed by the Nemo and last the exped. I don’t like the vertical ribs on the exped and it feels like your constantly wobbly. I’m concerned with the thickness of the comfort plus but will have to get it out and test it.

With the s2s I’ve found my sweet spot to be with the lower baffles, ground side, filled as firm as I can get them. The top baffles, against your body, just two or three breaths. Gives an awesome pillow top effect.

OP
B

Baron85

WKR
Awesome! Thanks for the tip. I’m going to try it out tonight and see how it goes.

The Tensor Field can be had on sale for less than a $100 from a couple stores. It is made from a thicker, more durable material.

OP
B

Baron85

WKR
So slept on the comfort plus last night and was pretty comfortable. Definitely slept better than I did on the tensor. With that being said I need to play with the pressure on the tensor more. The comfort plus felt more stable.

BigHempin

FNG
So slept on the comfort plus last night and was pretty comfortable. Definitely slept better than I did on the tensor. With that being said I need to play with the pressure on the tensor more. The comfort plus felt more stable.
So which one did you end up going with? Sorry for the response a year later but hopefully you’ve had plenty of use by now and a very good opinion on which you prefer and why.