Neoair Xtherm vs Xtherm max wide

Looking for a new pad... Used a Klymit static V insulated for a few years, and though I didn’t have any issues with it but I’m looking for something lighter and warmer.

Obviously the NeoAir Xtherm seems like the top of the line choice for both weight and warmth.

That said I’m a little concerned the regular is a tad too narrow at 20”. I’m a side sleeper who tends to move around a lot, I’m also a bag user not a quilt guy. 5’9” 185lbs for reference. I’m a little worried with the regular I’ll be slipping off the pad all night long.

They also offer the Xtherm Max wide version which is 25” wide and square. It weights 22oz and a 7oz penalty over the regular. That said it doesn’t offer much of a weight saving over my old pad.

Anyone with use of these pads care to comment? Open to other suggestions as well.

Thanks!

I have 2 Xtherms. One is a large and one is a max. The large is also 25” wide but weighs 20oz. It has a tapered shape where the max is square. I don’t really notice a difference using them. I think the width is worth the weight.

sd375

Lil-Rokslider
I’m roughly the same size as you. I have the regular xtherm. It’s worked well for me, but given the choice, I’d buy the wide version instead. Gives you a little more room to move around and the weight penalty is minimal. In my opinion, sleeping pads are not the place to count ounces, especially if you already have a reasonably light one to begin with.

GreenNDark Timber

Lil-Rokslider
I use an Exped downmat UL winter in their wide long size (same size as the xtherm max wide). I'm 6' tall 180 lb and also a side sleeper. I also have a regular sized neoair but I haven't used it a single time since getting the larger pad and don't think I can ever go back to one. I'll cut weight almost anywhere else before cutting it on my sleeping pad, I just sleep that much better with it.

wildcat33

WKR
Im about your size and have the Xlite wide, dont regret that at all. Would recommend a standard length wide version, if they have it. 20" is darn narrow....

I agree with everyone. 25" is worth the few ounces in my book

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Definitely go with the wider in either of those pads. Im about the same size and a side sleeper. I had a regular and after a few trips sold it and got the wide. Much better IMO.