Neoprene cover for Cabela’s Euro spotter

Tbuckus

WKR
Just picked up a Cabela’s instinct euro spotter (Meopta) and need a cover for it.
I’ve looked through other posts and talked to friends that have these, but wanted to check one last time to see what other use.
I’ve heard the Cabela’s cover is ok.
THe Meopta is pretty pricey compared to the cabelas and am not sure if it is worth the price.

any other recommendations?

I have the Meopta S2. When I purchased it the Cabela’s cover was included. To me its a cheap cover, as such have the OEM Meopta cover on order. It was quite pricey, but want to assure good protection for the scope so will see.

I really didn’t see any thing else available.

OP
T

Tbuckus

WKR
Well crap. Just checked cabelas and it looks like they dont sell the cover anymore. That option may be out.

Tbuckus. If yours is an angled S2. When my OEM one finally arrives maybe we can work something out. I will have no use for the Cabela’s cover. There is only a few Meopta dealers in Canada. As such, if things are not in stock its right from the Czech factory so i’m told. Waiting on the cover and a set of Meostar 12x50 binos.

OP
T

Tbuckus

WKR
Tbuckus. If yours is an angled S2. When my OEM one finally arrives maybe we can work something out. I will have no use for the Cabela’s cover. There is only a few Meopta dealers in Canada. As such, if things are not in stock its right from the Czech factory so i’m told. Waiting on the cover and a set of Meostar 12x50 binos.
Let me know what you come up with.

pc3

WKR
I have the OEM neoprene cover on mys S2 it works well, I then store it in the Marsupial cover, the model that JUST works for the Angled S2 is the one that is suited to the angled Swarovski 95mm...snug fit but works with my promaster Acra plate fitted on the bottom.

choovhntr

WKR
I have the cabelas instinct version cover for my meopta s2. The fit is good, it’s lightweight and not bulky like some of the others if that matters. It’s also quick to deploy. The only problem is the stitching for the eyepiece cover. It’s pretty cheap and mine is barely being held on anymore. I‘ve had it for about 5 years now so if you know it’s a weak point, you can make it last. They still make them according to their website and I’ll buy another when mine completely fails.

Guy with the vortex razor said the neoprene would rub off finish, any issues there? Saw a guy on u tube just put a wool sock over each end, cut the sock in half

Let me know what you come up with.
Tbuckus. I finally received my spotting scope case. I will try and attach a comparison of the two cases side by side. If your interested, you can have the Cabelas case for free. If you can pay the shipping, unsure if I can send it COD from Canada? Let me know.1594423874925.jpeg

pc3

WKR
Tbuckus. I finally received my spotting scope case. I will try and attach a comparison of the two cases side by side. If your interested, you can have the Cabelas case for free. If you can pay the shipping, unsure if I can send it COD from Canada? Let me know.View attachment 196244
Thats the same Meopta case I have on my S2. Then for carting it around I use the Marsupial Spotter case, the model made to fit the Swarovski 95mm fits the s2...its snug but it fits.

OP
T

Tbuckus

WKR
Tbuckus. I finally received my spotting scope case. I will try and attach a comparison of the two cases side by side. If your interested, you can have the Cabelas case for free. If you can pay the shipping, unsure if I can send it COD from Canada? Let me know.View attachment 196244
I appreciate the offer. But I ended up getting the same Meopta case that you have. Fits great.

Beararms

Lil-Rokslider
Do you guys have the model # for the Meopta brand neoprene s2 angled case.

Does the Meopro 80HD and the S2 share the same neoprene cover? Meopta has no model #s on their site so I want to be sure I am getting the correct case.

OP
T

Tbuckus

WKR
Do you guys have the model # for the Meopta brand neoprene s2 angled case.

Does the Meopro 80HD and the S2 share the same neoprene cover? Meopta has no model #s on their site so I want to be sure I am getting the correct case.

I don’t know if it shares the same case. Maybe camera land will know the answer.

You guys are so fortunate to have numerous excellent places to purchase gear. I agree that Camerland would be able to provide the feedback you desire. Sport optics site shows both the S2, and Meopro covers with different part numbers. As such assuming they are slightly different. The Meopta site lacks clarity so it seems. Hope this is of some assistance.