Nests (Inner mesh tent thing)

snowplow

WKR
Hey guys I was initially planning on getting a ultralight bivy to keep my crap together under my flat tarp but then realized how light some of these nests are. I also have a titanium goat vertex 5 Tipi. I am wondering if a small mesh tent nest for one person might be a nicer option than a bivy. For instance the six moons net tent is about the same weight is the MLD ultralight bivy at 8 oz or so. But I don't even know if this is possible. So do any of you out there use some kind of an Internet tent or nest with a tarp?

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

OP
S

snowplow

WKR
Some of my reasoning being that the net tents are just as light, cheaper, much more roomy, still enclose your sleep system like a baby does, and offer bug protection that's comfortable.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

mtnhmr

FNG
I have both inner nets (can you say a nest for each person?!) as well as a bivy. I feel you're best to asses your environment and situational factors, however, the bivy allows you to keep a light weight waterproof/bugproof cocoon in your backpack.

If you too far from the base camp (think emergency situations) as well as sleeping near a bedded animal for the evening. Morning harvests may be hell to begin with, but lead to heaven as you are tagged out.