Netflix "Documentary" Trophy

jakelogsdon

Lil-Rokslider
I will preface by sating that I'm probably like most, and not very educated or knowledgeable about Africa and all the issues there. That being said, I was kind of left scratching my head after watching this show, conflicted and confused in a way. Left pondering my own personal views, how I define hunting, views on poaching, "trophy hunting", farming wildlife, ect... It was definitely an emotional show and I cant help but wonder what other like minded people feel about some of these topics and the show in general.

I watched it the other day and was surprised at the seemingly well-rounded discussion.

When I talk to people who are generally ignorant to hunting I try to communicate to them that there is a wide spectrum of issues and reasons. That it isn't as simple as trophy or meat hunting. That people do things for different reasons and certain benefits or consequences aren't always immediately obvious. I thought the show did a pretty good job with that.

On the other hand, I can't imagine how one could feel good about picking a critter out of a cage then shooting it in another pen. Or that crocodile in the "pond"...