Netflix's "Our Planet"

Jakeb

Lil-Rokslider
I’m watching it right now. I get what you guys are saying, but I think Disney humanizing animals is a bigger deal.

sasquatch

WKR
If anyone thinks we can carry on, saving every human life and then extending those lives, essentially growing the human population to a never ending extent, without having major consequences is fooling themselves!!

We ALL talk about “managing” game herds but not a sole ever speaks up about how WE need some sort of control too. Even if it’s just curing every disease and virus out there.

Especially if we want to coexist with some sort of wilderness or wildlife!! We are constantly encroaching into wildlife’s territory!

Think of all the other countries, chine, India, wherever, and then tell me how many are known for the amount of wildlife they have!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16Bore

WKR
Around 75 Million people died during WW2. Was that enough? I don’t see putting animals over humans.

sasquatch

WKR
Around 75 Million people died during WW2. Was that enough? I don’t see putting animals over humans.

Never said kill ppl. Just let the natural process do what it does!

And the more ppl the less overall healthy we will be in this way. All disease epidemics revolve back to over population. We are damn near running out of antibodies that work because we use the to cure EVERYTHING vs letting our immune systems work!

When only the strong survive, will we truly be our strongest

Last edited:
I plan on poaching a bighorn sheep in all western states starting in 8 years. I’ll have 4 years to do this before we’re all dead.

Joked about this with a buddy of mine when we spotted some driving through CO for an elk hunt.

I believe my quote was along the lines of “I could just go shoot one and be out of jail way before I’d ever have a chance of drawing the tag.”

(All in good fun, I’m not a poacher.)

JWP58

WKR
Never said kill ppl. Just let the natural process do what it does!

And the more ppl the less overall healthy we will be in this way. All disease epidemics revolve back to over population. We are damn near running out of antibodies that work because we use the to cure EVERYTHING vs letting our immune systems work!

When only the strong survive, will we truest be our strongest

Dont worry, that's what post birth culling is for.......for the greater good of course. 12yrs and all....

Fatcamp

WKR
LOL. Third World "pharmacists" are hard at work developing virus, bacteria, and fungus that will solve the overpopulation problem soon enough

A little research is truly terrifying. Might not happen in my lifetime, but it is coming, make no mistake.

Bbell12

WKR
@JWP58 its called Science: https://nca2014.globalchange.gov/
"Global climate is changing and this is apparent across the United States in a wide range of observations. The global warming of the past 50 years is primarily due to human activities, predominantly the burning of fossil fuels."

It’s a proven fact that carbon emissions have increased in the last 50 years.

Where it primarily comes from and the consequences of it, however, have not been determined yet. Any “scientist” who claims otherwise is completely full of it.

fnf01

Lil-Rokslider
Wow always good to see the "outdoor"community" rally against "democratic/liberal" values lol.

If that hasn't turned your face red and closed your ears yet I do have a somewhat serious question but its the internet so I won't hold my breath.

As was pointed out 99.9% of scientists say the current trending of global climate change is man made at a highly accelerated rate, which will lead to mass population loss of all species, crop loss, famine, "super storms" etc. ALL seemingly BAD things for those who A. Want to live and B. Seem to profess at all other times they want wildlife to live (and be able to be managed for future generations). So doing what has been proscribed switching to renewable energy sources, reducing, reusing, cleaning up, stop polluting, etc again All seeming GOOD things no matter if the predictions are right. Why the childlike temper tantrums (I DON'T WANT TO TAKE A NAP, EAT MY VEGETABLES, BRUSH MY TEETH, EVEN IF ITS GOOD FOR ME!!)? Is it impossible for a non "democrat/liberal" to be a scientist? Is it also impossible for a non republican/conservative to tell the "scientific truth"? There has been quite a bit of lamenting that there is "no longer any compromise of opinions (gotta point out this is 99.9% agreed upon scientific truth but some here don't put a lot in science, unless its wildlife management sometimes, reloading, meat care/prep, or idk vaccines(gasp another can of worms *eyeroll*) , politics are too polarized, etc but here those same people are believing science is a weapon of the left (which means religion is a weapon of the right, right?) so it can't possibly be good/beneficial/right to do what climate scientists say we should do obviously so lets keep the planet dirty, smokey, filled with plastic.

I await the sh*tstorm that follows

*edit* oh and the thinly veiled xenophobia in regards to population booms in other less developed countries is also kinda bogus, other scientific reports that if we stopped wasting so much food the earth could support 10billion+ people. In the US alone we waste 30-40% of our food. Retail throws out about 1/3 simply because it isn't pretty enough. But we have people going hungry in every city & town across the country.

Billinsd

WKR
I've got a Bachelors in Geology. One of my professors said that there were so many animal extinctions when "cavemen" came into the picture, that it was significant in the geological record. Humans have increased quite a bit since then. The main problem on earth is overpopulation.

The entire world cannot live like us Americans. And China and India and to a lessor extent Latin America are drowning the world in people, even while most live below the poverty level.

The earth is very dynamic and geological time so slow, that our human history is a flash.

I personally don't believe the US can do anything about it ourselves. We could all stop driving and live in tents and it would do no good with China and India. Can we convince China and India to do something? I don't think so.

I'm willing to do something like continue to conserve, like I've been doing my whole life. I think the US has done an excellent job of conserving for the most part.

I don't want to give up my car, become a vegan and bow to an ever powerful and corrupt government bent on destroying our economy and consolidating power like the green commies want in the name of global warming. The green commies don't really care about the environment, if they did they wouldn't be hippocrites.

People please think, we don't want to crash our economy do we?

Mike7

WKR
https://nationalcenter.org/Time-Ice-Age-06-24-1974-Sm.jpg

Remember when man-caused global cooling was a real concern...much more serious than warming? I think it was Linus Pauling who came up with the theory of cutting trees and burying them, but he was skeptical that it would have any significant impact. But today, those kind of details are unimportant to those of the Climate Change Religion who are hypocrites who wish to use this only as a means of control as opposed to coming up with actual solutions to potential problems.

At this point, when looking at estimates of past atmospheric CO2 levels, I am more concerned about the effects of over population to quality of life and strain on resources, and more concerned about the effects of real pollution on biological systems than the current CO2 global warming (I mean climate change) scare.

fatlander

WKR
*As soon as Yellowstone blows, nothing is going to matter anyway. But here’s my thoughts:

The global climate is warming at an accelerated rate. That’s a fact. Faster than ever is bull****, but I digress.

We have two types of people making noise:

Far left - chicken little the sky is going to fall
Far right - fake news

Most of the logical people can see we will be faced with certain difficulties in coming years but instead of trying to get out ahead of the problems we’re going to encounter, let’s talk about *insert whatever fake news FOX and CNN peddling today* this smoke screen.

Asia and it’s booming population of polluters is not going away no matter what we do here. What is the actual cost benefit of destroying our economy in the name of saving the world? Hint, hint: there isn’t any benefit. The largest producers of the problem are only going to get larger. . . The only way we’re going to go green is fear of war for our oil reserves.

I’m more concerned with what we’re going to do with displaced people and food shortages than driving a Tesla because some green commie says I should.

16Bore

WKR
Renewable energy is a hoax and an oxymoron. Alternative types of energy isn’t, but clearly not feasible or else every house would be covered in solar panels.

Is battery waste less harmful than O2 emissions? Good question. Depends on which lobbyists you ask.

Is the worlds environment a good segway to world governement? Yes? No?

Why are farmers on one side and scientist on the other?

Follow the money and power.

Eric4

Lil-Rokslider
Why are farmers on one side and scientist on the other?

Care to elaborate on this point? I'm not sure of many types of modern farming, that don't involve many aspects of science.

In my field (pun intended) of farming, it's used heavily.

jmez

WKR
As was pointed out 99.9% of scientists say the current trending of global climate change is man made at a highly accelerated rate, which will lead to mass population loss of all species, crop loss, famine, "super storms" etc. ALL seemingly BAD things for those who A. Want to live and B. Seem to profess at all other times they want wildlife to live (and be able to be managed for future generations). So doing what has been proscribed switching to renewable energy sources, reducing, reusing, cleaning up, stop polluting, etc again All seeming GOOD things no matter if the predictions are right. Why the childlike temper tantrums

99.9% of scientists do not hold that opinion. And it is an opinion, there is not much science involved. Computer modeling, algorithms, and speculation based on 100 years worth of known, flawed data applied to a 4.5 billion year old planet is the antithesis of science.

I recycle. My family of 6, on average, throws out one bag of trash every week and a half. We pick up trash when we are out in the forest. We sort it into recyclable or not. We have a programmable thermostat so our furnace and air don't run when we aren't home. We don't litter. We eat what is on our plates, we don't waste food. We don't let the water run when doing dishes or brushing teeth. We conserve where we can. It's common sense and awareness of your surroundings.

I don't see anyone in this thread advocating for a destructive lifestyle for our planet. Please point that out if you can.

Global warming, Climate Change, and whatever they decide to term it next year is not science. There is no proof and there is very little, if any factual information involved. Live like a decent human that appreciates what you have and would like to see your children have the same things. That isn't a political doctrine or fear mongering. That isn't a "slippery slope" argument. Take your self righteousness and projecting elsewhere.