Netflix's "Our Planet"

sasquatch

WKR
So far I think it’s a good show, explaining and showing things that people don’t pay any attention to or think about in the big picture

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

COSA

Lil-Rokslider
Climate change caused by humans is probably real. There will be winners and losers when it shakes out in the next hundred years (Siberia & Canada). The real issue no one will tackle is human population growth, especially in developing countries/cultures..... As Americans who have been used to these luxuries (cars, electricity, ect.), who are we to say that these folks can not have the same lifestyle?

sasquatch

WKR
Climate change caused by humans is probably real. There will be winners and losers when it shakes out in the next hundred years (Siberia & Canada). The real issue no one will tackle is human population growth, especially in developing countries/cultures..... As Americans who have been used to these luxuries (cars, electricity, ect.), who are we to say that these folks can not have the same lifestyle?

We can’t tackle this, because of our “feelings”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shrek

WKR
Climate change is real but human driven climate change is so minor as to be insignificant. The sun is the all powerful driver and we will adapt or perish along with all other life on earth. The dramatic claims of impending catastrophe are ridiculous and those that fall for them idiots.

Climate change is real but human driven climate change is so minor as to be insignificant. The sun is the all powerful driver and we will adapt or perish along with all other life on earth. The dramatic claims of impending catastrophe are ridiculous and those that fall for them idiots.
It's amazing how anthropogenic global warming pushers never discuss the 20 year solar cycle and the corresponding climate changes on other planets.

Tod osier

WKR
It's amazing how anthropogenic global warming pushers never discuss the 20 year solar cycle and the corresponding climate changes on other planets.

They don't? Many of the same scientists that study solar cycles study climate change. The obvious things like solar cycles and sunspots, etc.. are taken into account. Suggesting that they don't factor those things in is like saying that a 20 year veteran mechanic doesn't know that an engine has pistons.

Despite having 2 graduate degrees, climate change (or whatever you want to call it) is not my area of expertise. But if we look at what is known about the earth's history, with every single mass die-off event that has happened over the millenium, ocean acidification has ALWAYS preceded these mass die-off/extinction events. Keep in mind, I am talking about close to total extinction of all species, as in catastrophic. I am not talking just a few species. In short, within the earth's history, there are undeniable events of the earth cleansing itself, and basically starting over again.

Currently, we have documented ocean acidification in numerous places around the globe. Despite this not being my area of expertise, I find enough evidence to have serious concern. However, with that said, I seriously doubt we will be anywhere close to extinct in my lifetime. Additionally, climate change/global warming.... is nothing new to this planet; it is obviously a natural process for earth. So in short, some day, sooner or later, mankind will become extinct on this planet, no and, no ifs, no butts about it.

Can we stop it, hell no we cannot. Can we slow the process, possibly. The bottom line is that in the history of the earth, human kind is insignificant, and we always will be.

Just my .02, for whatever it's worth.