Nevada deer

Hello everyone!
Does anyone have any general information about Nevada unit 181-184 for Mule Deer? I added it to my application because the draw odds and the harvest success looked good, but now that I’ve actually drawn that unit, I’m having second thoughts.
Do you have any personal experience hunting archery in the early season in this unit? All I see on goHUNT is “low deer numbers,” but what does that actually look like? How is the access? Is this area just dry desolation in the summer?
I’m not looking for a giant buck, more so just opportunity. This would be my one 5-7 day trip for early season Mullies. If anyone had anything to share , it would be much appreciated!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BGnight

FNG
I hunted it in rifle last season. It's a tough unit but I know where some deer are where nobody hunts. I didn't fill my tag but I was in a lot of deer the last couple days and blew a stalk on a big forkie last day. I can PM you deets if you'd like.

gjensen

FNG
I drew 181-184 for antelope in 2019. I was hunting the low country where antelope play. I saw a few forks in the flats, but never went into the higher country. Hopefully, you smash a good one. I hunted in 183... i have limited answers, but hit me up if you need anything

cscott925

FNG
I just accidentally got this archery tag using Nevada's new First Come First Serve process. It was a race to grab any tag that popped up and I thought I clicked 194 but was 184. They won't refund my 4 points so i'm in it now! I'll be out there in a few weeks for archery. Doing some online scouting in the mean time. I'd love to bounce some information back and forth with you that we come up with off the forums. So far i'm hearing the same, tough hunt, migration area, low numbers. Got to be some good news out there!

Vegas777

FNG
Hello everyone!
Does anyone have any general information about Nevada unit 181-184 for Mule Deer? I added it to my application because the draw odds and the harvest success looked good, but now that I’ve actually drawn that unit, I’m having second thoughts.
Do you have any personal experience hunting archery in the early season in this unit? All I see on goHUNT is “low deer numbers,” but what does that actually look like? How is the access? Is this area just dry desolation in the summer?
I’m not looking for a giant buck, more so just opportunity. This would be my one 5-7 day trip for early season Mullies. If anyone had anything to share , it would be much appreciated!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Google map hunt before ya go up. Plenty of roads up there, and google maps could show ya if they lead to a good area. Satelite option.

I just accidentally got this archery tag using Nevada's new First Come First Serve process. It was a race to grab any tag that popped up and I thought I clicked 194 but was 184. They won't refund my 4 points so I'm in it now! I'll be out there in a few weeks for archery. Doing some online scouting in the mean time. I'd love to bounce some information back and forth with you that we come up with off the forums. So far I'm hearing the same, tough hunt, migration area, low numbers. Got to be some good news out there!
I know its been a couple years, but did you end up filling that tag back in 2021? Just pulled archery mule deer 181-184 this year and haven't been to the area yet. Trying to figure out where to start as far as scouting goes. I'm in Reno so its not unreasonably far for me. I plan on making multiple trips out there before the season starts this summer.

If anyone else has any experience with this unit that is still active on here and would be willing to share that would be great!

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
I know its been a couple years, but did you end up filling that tag back in 2021? Just pulled archery mule deer 181-184 this year and haven't been to the area yet. Trying to figure out where to start as far as scouting goes. I'm in Reno so its not unreasonably far for me. I plan on making multiple trips out there before the season starts this summer.

If anyone else has any experience with this unit that is still active on here and would be willing to share that would be great!
Welcome to Rokslide. You should take an opportunity to look around a bit and you'll find this community is pretty awesome.

Now unfortunately we aren't letting FNG's (new guys) post up unit specific questions. Any unit question/answers remain out in the world wide webs forever, which can doom some really great spots.

Rokslide's administrations expectation is that all long standing Rokslide members will understand and support this concept and take all such conversations to private message.

Yes it's a hassle to join and be part of this community but the rewards are worth the effort including the ability to send and receive private messages.

Hope to see you active in the forums, and good luck on your hunt, that's a really good tag.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk