Nevada 221-223 archery mule deer

Jc213

Lil-Rokslider
Hey guys, I’ve been out checking out the country and looking at some spots to put my cameras at. I finally got 3 springs that look good where I left them. However, I hiked into the wilderness in unit 222 and went and looked at the few bowls and basins to see if I could find some high country mule deer. I ended up glassing 17 bulls, 3 cows, and only 1 doe. I’m just wondering if anyone has some knowledge as to whether I should stay lower and focus my efforts on the p&j’s and glass the small openings or maybe the bucks will shop up in the high country later in the season. I’ve only ever hunted high basins in Nevada so this is much different for me. I appreciate the help and would even be happy to talk on the phone with someone familiar with the unit.

bohntr

WKR
My experience with that hunt was there were far more and better bucks outside the wilderness.......I saw some, but not near the amount in other remote, non-wilderness places. Saw some giant elk in the wilderness though!

OP
Jc213

Jc213

Lil-Rokslider
My experience with that hunt was there were far more and better bucks outside the wilderness.......I saw some, but not near the amount in other remote, non-wilderness places. Saw some giant elk in the wilderness though!
I appreciate it the tip! Do you happen to remember what elevation? In the timber?