Nevada Antelope Unit 33 Late Rifle - Help Please!

j_volt

WKR
Well, I guess I’m going to be “that guy”. However, I feel that I have earned 10% of the right (and no more than 10%) to be “that guy” based on the fact that I didn’t sign up for Rokslide this morning ;)

I picked up an antelope rifle tag in the FCFS process. It is for unit 33 and it is the late tag (8/29-9/7).

Here is what I know:
-This is a very remote area. Carrying supplies is a must
-Antelope numbers (and harvest odds) have been dropping for the past 5 years
-Tags were cut by 24% (34 to 26) from 2021 to 2022

Here is what I don’t know:
-Elevation/terrain types to focus on
-Water availability
-General knowledge of the unit (less what I mentioned above)
-Realistic expectations of both herd and horn size

I’d love a chance to chat with anyone that knows the unit or has even had the tag before.

I appreciate it!
Joe

dieNqvrs

Lil-Rokslider
Drive to Gerlach, fill up on fuel, have extra fuel and go scout and hunt. 16-17” length is possible. Find what makes you happy.

Jimss

WKR
also bring extra spares. The obsidian rock is like glass. Also bring lots of water. It was 103 degrees with 0 shade the year a drew! Take your time, cover lots of country and have fun. Horses were a challenge the year I drew. Always in the way spooking antelope.

OP
j_volt

j_volt

WKR
also bring extra spares. The obsidian rock is like glass. Also bring lots of water. It was 103 degrees with 0 shade the year a drew! Take your time, cover lots of country and have fun. Horses were a challenge the year I drew. Always in the way spooking antelope.
Thank you!

Extrapale

WKR
Well, I guess I’m going to be “that guy”. However, I feel that I have earned 10% of the right (and no more than 10%) to be “that guy” based on the fact that I didn’t sign up for Rokslide this morning ;)

I picked up an antelope rifle tag in the FCFS process. It is for unit 33 and it is the late tag (8/29-9/7).

Here is what I know:
-This is a very remote area. Carrying supplies is a must
-Antelope numbers (and harvest odds) have been dropping for the past 5 years
-Tags were cut by 24% (34 to 26) from 2021 to 2022

Here is what I don’t know:
-Elevation/terrain types to focus on
-Water availability
-General knowledge of the unit (less what I mentioned above)
-Realistic expectations of both herd and horn size

I’d love a chance to chat with anyone that knows the unit or has even had the tag before.

I appreciate it!
Joe
PM me. My dad had that tag last year.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk