Nevada area 10

Renojxd

FNG
Anyone had any luck in area 10 this year? I will be there in a couple weeks for late season rifle.

I just got back from seven days out there. Saw some bucks but not a ton. Most of the creeks and streams in 101-103 were flowing good so plenty of feed. Good luck! Would much rather have that tag than mid rifle 😂

mickeyelk

FNG
I had the early season tag and not overly impressed with the amount of deer I saw. I did see 7 bucks in one group and 3 of them were shooters. Following day it snowed 2-3 inches and the clouds blocked the mountains out. Never saw them again. There was water everywhere. For the first time in a long time saw does with 2 fawns. In the past they had one fawn. Did see one doe with 3 fawns. Ever since they went to 3 seasons in the Ruby's for rifle and twice the amount of tags the average 150-160 buck that you could find everywhere has now vanished. If you get access to private I believe you'll have a better chance. I hunted opening 4 days, 3 days in the middle and the last 3 days of the season. So disappointing. I've been hunting the Ruby;s since 1994.

jblam

Lil-Rokslider
Got back Monday and had success. Weather was about as wet as it could be, so we were limited for glassing and shot the first one that wouldn’t have killed us to pack out.

OP
R

Renojxd

FNG
I had the early season tag and not overly impressed with the amount of deer I saw. I did see 7 bucks in one group and 3 of them were shooters. Following day it snowed 2-3 inches and the clouds blocked the mountains out. Never saw them again. There was water everywhere. For the first time in a long time saw does with 2 fawns. In the past they had one fawn. Did see one doe with 3 fawns. Ever since they went to 3 seasons in the Ruby's for rifle and twice the amount of tags the average 150-160 buck that you could find everywhere has now vanished. If you get access to private I believe you'll have a better chance. I hunted opening 4 days, 3 days in the middle and the last 3 days of the season. So disappointing. I've been hunting the Ruby;s since 1994.
Thanks for the feedback. Hopefully the recent storms will get them moving for us.

OP
R

Renojxd

FNG
Got back Monday and had success. Weather was about as wet as it could be, so we were limited for glassing and shot the first one that wouldn’t have killed us to pack out.
Good job, can’t wait to get out there. I’m not seeing a ton of weather on the report but we will be prepared just in case.