Nevada area 6!

My best fried drew his first big game hunt, Nevada area 6! (61-62, 64, 66-68... Oct 5-20...Rifle) I'm gonna head up there from Texas in October to give him a hand with the hunt. Any pics or pointers from the area? We are very excited, would love to see anything to get us pumped up! For now we I am doing the internet research and he's doing the scouting work. Thanks!

texTical

FNG
My best fried drew his first big game hunt, Nevada area 6! (61-62, 64, 66-68... Oct 5-20...Rifle) I'm gonna head up there from Texas in October to give him a hand with the hunt. Any pics or pointers from the area? We are very excited, would love to see anything to get us pumped up! For now we I am doing the internet research and he's doing the scouting work. Thanks!
I just drew a tag for the same area. Since you guys hit this in the past did you have any pointers you could share? I heard about reaching out to maggie so that would allow me access to a large chunk of the area.

Thanks in advance!
-Jason

OP
I just drew a tag for the same area. Since you guys hit this in the past did you have any pointers you could share? I heard about reaching out to maggie so that would allow me access to a large chunk of the area.

Thanks in advance!
-Jason
Congrats Jason! We ended up having harvesting a great 160’s buck on the third day (would’ve touched 170 if he didn’t have that one weak back tine). Which season did you draw for 6? And just curious how many points it took this year? There’s a lot of ground to cover in those units. BIG area. I’d say Maggie’s is the busiest area. There’s big chunks of BLM and forest land south of there that hold good deer that people are driving right by to get to Maggie’s. If you have an earlier season (archery, Muzzy, early rifle) and you’ll be out on opening weekend. I’d say yeah, head up to Maggie’s. But if you have a later season I would just go where people aren’t. Glass, glass, glass. We would get to our glassing point before sun up and watch deer come out of no where. In the afternoon, pay close attention to rimrock…we would catch the bucks bedded in the shade under the rimrock. Don’t shoot the small ones! Theres plenty of good 4x4’s in there to harvest. F4DF3738-9292-44D5-A5D1-5661758BEFC8.jpeg

BigShane54

Lil-Rokslider
I drew the same unit, but the archery tag. Don't know much about the unit but eager to start research and studying maps

504B394D-02EB-4E41-B6CB-4BACEC56C535.jpeg

Rifle hunt in Nevada Big 6 Units last year. I was pleased and had a great time. Can’t wait for more Nevada tags! Beautiful country. Best of luck, TheGrayRider.