Nevada biologist harassed by antis

Beendare

WKR
Seems like a great idea to me...a program where they expose problem bears to dogs and people in a negative tone ...then release them.....to keep them from scavenging in populated areas. Anyone with a modicum of knowledge on these problem bears knows there are many repeat offenders...and then they have to put them down.

Antis have been harassing this biologist relentlessly. He is fighting back in court. Anyone that still thinks these antis are harmless....should read how they are trying to wreck this guys life. This article is only a small % of what is going on. I hope he spanks them like the circus did to PITA a few years back [info at Humanewatch.org]

Hat tip to my buddy Javan for the heads up on this....

Link to Reno Gazette Journal- outdoors
Bear biologist bites back at critics with lawsuit

dotman

WKR
Yeah hope he wins! If bullying can get people in trouble I don't see how this crap is protected as free speech, this case could set the precedent that there is a consequence to these wackos lashing out at people.

the bear groups in tahoe are absolutely insane. you could be mauled by a bear and if you killed it they would come after you and harass you and even threaten you. they are absolutely absurd

It's unfortunate that a man, who most likely has dedicated his life to wildlife and appreciates and understands bears more then most is ridiculed by people who haven't the slightest idea what he's trying to accomplish.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hope he wins but I think the most important thing to take away is how powerful social media is and how naive people are and believe almost anything. It's starts with one post, a little opposition and no one to defend the other side, than there is a group of followers. We as hunters have to remember that in this case this is the right approach. We can't be negative or over trophitize how we post our pictures. I say all of us because we can see it takes one post opposing something.

I'm not sure being a dumbass on the internet is illegal but those bear advocates are certainly guilty of being dumbass's! Especially the dumbass that was feeding the bear. All upset the bear was euthanized when they are the sole reason it was killed.

But good for the bio for fighting back and that newspaper seems to understand the issue so good for them. Especially in today's world of lazy, sloppy journalism.

OP
B

Beendare

WKR
There are far more serious implications here. We KNOW from past experience there are ' PITA warriors' out there bombing test facilities and such.

[Humanewatch.org has exposed many of the antis actions]

What we have here is a coordinated effort; publishing this mans personal info/address, inciting the crazies and egging them on to "Assasinate him"...I wouldn't characterize that as just being silly on social media....thats serious chit.

boom

WKR
not all anti hunters are like that. some just believe what they believe and practice "let and let live"

the rabid ones are the problem. i cant stand a zealot of any type.

gbflyer

WKR
I would certainly hope that his employer would be defending this. Very simple minded of the anti's to go after a public employee. Hopefully the department has addresses for these folks and release any live trapped problem animals in their back yard.

MattB

WKR
A colleague of mine was in the CA Sierras last weekend with her 4 year old and told me there was a bear around all weekend. She showed me a camera phone pic of a bear with 2 ear tags (previous problem) at about 10 yards and seemed shocked I thought that was a problem. It is often the animals that are overly acclimated to people that become aggressive.

OP
B

Beendare

WKR
There are so many cases of these anti hunting groups attacking normal folks that hunt or wear leather/fur....harassing hunters... burning down medical testing facilities, throwing blood on celebrities- so many despicable acts to list. Humanewatch.org- link- has exposed their illegal behavior and attacks.
HumaneWatch

What have hunters ever done to them besides expose their bad/illegal behavior?

They claim to be the "Good guys" in all of this...but common sense would dictate otherwise.

BTW, if you haven't seen the latest from these antis there are some blog posts at link exposing some crazy stuff....

mtmuley

WKR
Bears that are bold enough to seek food from human sources are dangerous. Especially ones with cubs. Not the officers fault he had to shoot. The responsibility lies with the "Tahoe bear groups". Too many people that want "feel good" wildlife management. mtmuley

Bears that are bold enough to seek food from human sources are dangerous. Especially ones with cubs. Not the officers fault he had to shoot. The responsibility lies with the "Tahoe bear groups". Too many people that want "feel good" wildlife management. mtmuley

Did you read the article? I'm guessing not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk