Nevada Chukars

Hey Folks,
Chukar season ends here in Nevada tomorrow and I was wondering how everyone's season went.

Forks

FNG
I've been told by a Winnemucca local to say nothing to prevent your epic state from turning into South Dakota.

OP
Chukardogs
Forks,
Yeah i can see that. I do lie to my best friend about a prime spot that's close enough to town that i can get a quick hunt in before work. However, as your friend will tell you serious chukar hunting is not for the feint of heart and unlike the prairie of the Dakotas some of the best chukar hunting is on ground that is steeper than a cow's face. I might see 2-3 other hunters in a whole season. This year I only saw 1 however, I did hear some other guys shooting.

boom

WKR
i got hunting permission for a coworker to smack down his first California turkey just so he will take me chukar hunting in Nev...err..south dakota.

sometimes hunt trading is the only way to go around here.

OP
Chukardogs
Muleyczy,
My season was outstanding. Myself and my hunting buddies consistently got into birds and it was one of the best we have had. The dogs are 3 and 3 1/2 this year so they were firing on all cylinders. It's pretty cool when there are 4 guys and 5 dogs covering an area and you shoot 4 limits especially when it happens more than once!

Muleyczy

Lil-Rokslider
Muleyczy,
My season was outstanding. Myself and my hunting buddies consistently got into birds and it was one of the best we have had. The dogs are 3 and 3 1/2 this year so they were firing on all cylinders. It's pretty cool when there are 4 guys and 5 dogs covering an area and you shoot 4 limits especially when it happens more than once!
That’s awesome. Hopefully next year continues to be just as good, if not better

Chukar hunting has been bad the past couple of years in Nevada. Oregon and Idaho have been awesome! Definitely check out those areas for Chukar.