Nevada mule deer 121

Hey guys,

I drew the early archery mule deer tag in Nevada in unit 121 this year, wondering if anybody has any experience in the area? As per usual not looking for a pin on the map but maybe a place to start or tips based on the terrain etc. Haven’t ever been in the area and any help is much appreciated!

I’ll be moving from the Seattle area to Salt Lake City in a few weeks so I’ll be driving over to scout at least a couple times before the season, trying to build a game plan.

Thanks!

Tyewire3

Lil-Rokslider
I drew the same tag! I was thinking about posting something similar. I made one contact with a last years hunter and it wasn’t very encouraging to Say the least.
Good luck and maybe I will see you on the mountain !

OP
EchoLimaKilo
Good to know somebody’s in the same boat! I haven’t been hearing too many amazing things but it sounds like there are a lot of deer around so hopefully we’ll get some action of some sort. We can swap contact info before the season starts if you want, I don’t mind sharing some info on what I’m finding. Either way good luck to you!

Congrats , we drew unit 10 this archery season. Been spending some scouting time on the south end and a little on the east end of 104.
We are seeing some west of cherry creek. But honestly until we get over to 104 we are just moving along.
I archery hunt outside of Ashford from your old neck of the woods.

OP
EchoLimaKilo
Right on, thanks for the heads up! Made it over last week and had a look around for a couple of days. Didn’t see a ton of deer but I’m starting to get an idea of where I should be checking I think. That said if anybody draws and elk tag in there I’m your guy, couldn’t avoid bulls if I wanted to. Let me know how you guys end up doing, good luck to everyone!

Congrats, we are heading in a couple days to start our season.
Not specifically, but where about did you end up going?
North, central, southern end of the unit?

Our plan is the central to southern end of unit 10 this season

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
EchoLimaKilo
Congrats, we are heading in a couple days to start our season.
Not specifically, but where about did you end up going?
North, central, southern end of the unit?

Our plan is the central to southern end of unit 10 this season

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Just sent you a message!

Hey guys,

I drew the early archery mule deer tag in Nevada in unit 121 this year, wondering if anybody has any experience in the area? As per usual not looking for a pin on the map but maybe a place to start or tips based on the terrain etc. Haven’t ever been in the area and any help is much appreciated!

I’ll be moving from the Seattle area to Salt Lake City in a few weeks so I’ll be driving over to scout at least a couple times before the season, trying to build a game plan.

Thanks!
How was your archery mule deer hunt in 121? I have a late season archery tag heading there next week. Thanks John
Hey guys,

Thanks!
How was your hunt, did you see many deer? I have a late season 121 deer tag heading back there next week. Thanks John

I drew the same tag! I was thinking about posting something similar. I made one contact with a last years hunter and it wasn’t very encouraging to Say the least.
How was your hunt, did you see many deer? I have a late season 121 deer tag heading back there next week. Thanks John

And so did I👊
And so did I👊
And so did I👊
How was your hunt, did you see many deer? I have a late season archery in 121 deer tag heading back there next week. Thanks John