Nevada Mule Deer

Hello- I’m an experienced mule deer hunter and have 3 points in Nevada. Is there any rifle hunts in the next couple years or so worth doing with 3-6 points? I’m good at glassing and have good glass/a nice rifle. Willing to trade Oregon info. I liked the terrain near Austin,NV aka pretty central Nevada when I drove through. A couple of those tags aren’t super hard to draw either. I’d appreciate any info in a PM to not spread too much info on the World Wide Web. Lol. I understand nothing is a guarantee in Nevada on drawing.
Thanks!

Trying to PM but newer to the site and can't seem to send you anything. PM me and I'll reply with what little I know. Hunted there a couple of years ago.

OP
Gear-Reviewer
Shooting you a PM. People are welcome to text or call me as well. 541-231-7526

Thanks

BrianReno

FNG
Check the hunt stat pages on the NDOW site, Austin area (north 151-156 and south 171-173) shows less than 50% success in filling a tag for 2018.

I don’t necessarily consider looking at success rates. Because you don’t know what the people who drew that tag were willing to do to be successful. Maybe the people that were successful hiked 15 miles a day and glassed everything while the unsuccessful people went out there in their brand new camper just to drink some beer and drive around for a little bit, ya know?

Huntnnw

WKR
I don’t necessarily consider looking at success rates. Because you don’t know what the people who drew that tag were willing to do to be successful. Maybe the people that were successful hiked 15 miles a day and glassed everything while the unsuccessful people went out there in their brand new camper just to drink some beer and drive around for a little bit, ya know?
isnt that the truth, we drew what was called a bad unit in NV and too many tags. It turned out to be one of the best deer hunts we ever been on. Never saw a person out actually hiking, tons in trucks, SxS and quads

isnt that the truth, we drew what was called a bad unit in NV and too many tags. It turned out to be one of the best deer hunts we ever been on. Never saw a person out actually hiking, tons in trucks, SxS and quads
Exactly. If you’re willing to put in the effort, do your research, scout, and you’re in shape, who’s to say you couldn’t be a part of the 10-20% of people that are successful?