Nevada Scouting Trip Coming Up

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
With the increase in tags this year, we got a lot of calls for our scouting service

http://wescout4u.com

We contracted with a few hunters to scout some of my favorite country in N. Nevada. Looks like I'll be headed that way this week. Looking forward to seeing all these "extra" bucks Nevada DOW says are out there :)

Seriously, they do a great job managing their deer and I've yet to go down there and not scout a shooter buck up or even more. I'll let you know how the herd is shaping up at this supposed peak in buck numbers.

Here are some of the bucks we scouted up for a party a few years back. That top right buck is a good one! We saw several in that class down there that year. These guys weren't necessarily trophy hunting, but did very well.

attachment.php

I'll post up anything interesting from this trip.

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Hi PhillyB,
one group has muzzleloader tags, another early rifle, and another late rifle.

GrantMan

Lil-Rokslider
Yea I don't think the deer populations magically increased at the same rate of the tag increase in one year.

Looks like you offer a pretty cool service. I am interested how your scouting trip turned out.

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Hi
made it back at 10 last night after 4 day scouting trip. 900 miles and two ruined tires, round trip.

Saw two really good bucks and a handful of nice ones and whole bunch of meat bucks. Nevada buck numbers have definitely increased- wish I had a tag! I'll post up some more (and video) about my trip as soon as I get caught up from 4 days off work and family if you know what I mean.

Nevada rocks!

Very cool Robby! I was actually looking at starting a similar business not too long ago... hope it continues to go good for you! ;)

Mike

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Put some video of the scouting trip together- about 11 minutes.

Man I wish I had a tag. Maybe next year.

The second clip was taken right after a big thunder cloud stormed through, so you can't really hear me, but I"m saying there is a big deer down the canyon. He was the best one of the trip. Only got to see him for a few seconds in a steady spotting scope, but what I could see, he looked to be about 30", maybe a litte more, not much less. He was really heavy in his main beam, especially on his right side or might have had an extra inline in front of the R G-4, making him look heavy. By his heigth, I'd say 18-19" G2's, so pretty tall. Definitely a shooter and in two more days, still couldn't get glass on him. Maybe one of my hunters will get him, hope so!

[video=vimeo;46731090]http://vimeo.com/46731090[/video]