Nevada Unit 21/22

jvonbank

Lil-Rokslider
Looks like I got lucky and drew one of the 4 nonresident rifle antelope tags in unit 21/22 for this year. I have some stuff going on with work that will make me miss the first few days of the season. I am hoping that won't be too big of a deal with the limited number of tags for that unit. I have antelope hunted before in WY and MT, but have never been to this area of NV before and know nothing about it. Anybody hunted it or been through it that is willing to point me in the right direction? Thanks for the advice!

Jared

Groin

FNG
I know this is a really old post, but how did your hunt go? I just drew this tag this year, and am wondering where to start.

OP
jvonbank

jvonbank

Lil-Rokslider
Hey Groin,

I shot a low 70's buck on this hunt and have attached a picture of it. Antelope in the area I hunted were pretty scattered and we didn't see a really good buck in 3.5 days of hunting. I did have someone point me in the right direction to a pretty remote water hole high up a mountain that took a hike around private to access. It was a 1.5 mile hike into that area but there were a lot of antelope there compared with everywhere else we looked. It wasn't a spot I found by myself so I won't share it out of respect to them. We camped on public land near a dead end road and used a 4 wheeler to get around and scout. If you have some specific questions or some areas that you're looking at, I can tell you if we checked there. Good luck on the hunt - it is a tough tag to draw!

Later,
JaredIMG_20160830_081352221_HDR.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

cscott925

FNG
Hey Jared, nice buck! I was lucky enough to pick up an archery tag for this unit and am doing some online scouting before I head out there. I have found some guzzlers in 22 that say they're for pronghorn but none so far in unit 21. Did you see more antelope in one unit or the other? Any other reasons like access or water that would make one unit a better place to start looking? Thanks!

I have a rifle tag for 21/22 heading up wed for a while .. wil be staying with family in the unit . Anyone willing to share any info? I’m not to proud to ask due to if anyone has hunter I’d they prob wont draw again in a long long time

OP
jvonbank

jvonbank

Lil-Rokslider
Hey Jared, nice buck! I was lucky enough to pick up an archery tag for this unit and am doing some online scouting before I head out there. I have found some guzzlers in 22 that say they're for pronghorn but none so far in unit 21. Did you see more antelope in one unit or the other? Any other reasons like access or water that would make one unit a better place to start looking? Thanks!
Sorry, I didn't get a notification on your post. :( I hunted exclusively in 21 and covered a lot of the unit between vehicles and ATV. The water that we found were all natural. The water hole that had the most activity was up pretty high and not easy to access from the south without a good hike around private. It might have access from the north, but we never drove in from that way and couldn't get there by roads from the south. Hope you had a good hunt anyway!

Later,
Jared

Thanks c Scott for pointing me in the rite direction . Got this guy late on day 2. Passed some really small one. I’m no antelope judge. But he was good for me . Saw 30-40 a day scattered ,terrible roads,100 degrees. Crazy there out in this weather .

Attachments

• 09DE632E-6CB2-4C58-B01C-75D844032BCC.jpeg
    09DE632E-6CB2-4C58-B01C-75D844032BCC.jpeg
    314.6 KB · Views: 23