Never thought I'd see it.

204guy

WKR
Leftover goat tags in the WY draw. The leftover draw on those aught to have some good odds.

OP
204guy

204guy

WKR
The draw odds are on wy gfd dept website. I'm not 100% sure they don't roll into the resident draw, but there were 5 tags not drawn in the nr draw. These are population reduction hunts, not a normal "good" tag.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

mntnguide

WKR
doesnt surprise me much...All the goats are either in the park, or in the wilderness. Non-res needs either a guide, or a good wyoming resident friend. And ill be surprised if any outfitters even want to take hunters on the tag considering how low the odds of getting one will be and the logistics of hunting them without being able to have a pack in camp for an outfitter.

robie

WKR
These tags are being labeled "terrible" by most that know the areas and not advising other to not apply for this hunt unless you have all season to chase the goats. This is like being surprised that the MT unlimited sheep hunts doesn't have more non-residents apply every year.

I'm not willing to pay $2,162.00 for a tag on a hunt like that. At the non-resident cost you can save for a few years and go to AK.

You are a resident and and maybe have all season to hunt why not pay the $152 to give it a shot.

Kodiak

FNG
Robie hit the nail on the head. Game and fish called everyone who applied and asked if they really wanted to apply for the tag as goats might not even be found in the units. Once there is a little pressure I and guessing the goats will be in the park and untouchable.