Never tried any other bag besides Big Agnes...

Scoot

WKR
My only sleeping bag I've used for backcountry hunting is a Big Agnes Crater. I liked the bag and I really like the built in sleeve of Big Agnes. I'd keep the bag, but it's not quite warm enough for me. So my question is, given that I like the built in sleeve of a Big Agnes, should I just stick with them or should I try something different? I know there are better bags out there than BA, but I like the sleeve system they have. For those who got used to BA and switched to something else afterwards, what are your thoughts on this?

I'd like to give a wide Slick 0 degree bag a shot, but my guess is that I wouldn't like the lack of a built in sleeve as much as my current set up...

If your dead set on attaching your bag to your pad you can always sew on the elastic strap kits they sell for them.
Of course if your just wanting to keep from sliding off the pad you can always use silicone on the pad. That way you are not locked into any one bag manufacturer.

Personally, I opt for the silicone and use whatever bag I prefer at the moment.

Steve O

WKR
Classified Approved
I used a bunch of bags before I found BA. Won't ever go back. No more carrying around insulation/loft that is smashed useless by my weight in the bottom half of the bag and no more searching around for my pad in the middle of the night. I am a restless sleeper! I have a Deep Creek and Buffalo Park and can combine them if it gets ultra cold.

I have a BA Storm King, which I like a lot when I know it will be cold. I also have a Western Mountaineering. It is not hard to get over not having the sleeve... Lots of great bags out there and many do not have the sleeve. My WM with pad still weighs much less than my BA without the pad...