New 15x56 Binos

Hi All,

I recently just finished with a Nevada mule deer hunt and I came to the conclusion that I am not a fan of looking through my spotting scope for long periods of time. After so much time I had a difficult time getting the eye I was using to focus and began to strain a lot. I live in Ca and hunt the surrounding states so I know I need some type of longer-range optic. I only began hunting a couple of years back and learned quickly this is not an inexpensive way of life. That being said, I am looking for a good set of 15x56 binos to replace my spotter. I know this has been discussed many times over but figured I might as well ask to see if any opinions have changed.

I wish I could afford a set of Swaro's (even used) but it is just not in the cards for me (getting a divorce after being married less than a year over a set of binos is not worth it lol). I have spent a good amount of time researching and I think I am down to the Zeiss Conquests HD or the Meopta Meostar B1. Both of these I have found within $100 of each other. I ruled out the Vortex Razor UHD based on reviews on here but am willing to listen. I have not looked through any of these and unfortunately don't have anywhere I can find them to look through. All of the shops around me are out of stock and have to order them in.

Thank you all in advance for any advice!

Antares

WKR
I've had the 15x56 Meoptas for about 6 months now. I'm super happy with them. Got a good price from @gr8fuldoug. Can't speak to the Zeiss Conquests other than to say that I have a pair of 10x42 Terras that I like too.

dtrkyman

WKR
From my research not experience the Meopta are tough to beat. Looking for some myself but I just bought a spotter$$$

Where did you find Meopta for the price of the Zeiss?

OP
A
Thank you for the input. From what I am seeing, the Meoptas tend to be a bit less expensive than the Zeiss. I know Zeiss has a decent warranty listed but have heard Meopta does stand by their products.

I have Swaros but only because I needed to burn $500 worth of Cabelas pts. That and 12% Active Junky was a great deal. I also own the Meostar and SLC 10x42's. I think Meopta is right there with the SLC for nearly half the price.

The mepotas compare very favorably to the slc.

But take it from a guy that knows, if you want Swarovski, save up and buy Swarovski.

gr8fuldoug

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Welcome to RS
As a long standing supporting vendor on this forum it would be our pleasure to discuss options and special opportunities with you. Please give us a call, 516-217-1000, if you have a few minutes

Ingo

Lil-Rokslider
I'd love to see someone compare the Tract Toric 15x56 to the usual suspects. $1044 for the Torics.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

OP
A
So I found a set of zeiss conquest had 15x56 for 1450. New open box set. With that being the cost is the meoptas still the better option?

dtrkyman

WKR
I'd love to see someone compare the Tract Toric 15x56 to the usual suspects. $1044 for the Torics.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk
I have been eyeing all the 15x options, and then the 12x, now those tract 12.5 have my attention!

db.cannon

FNG
I've had the 15x56 Meoptas for about 6 months now. I'm super happy with them. Got a good price from @gr8fuldoug. Can't speak to the Zeiss Conquests other than to say that I have a pair of 10x42 Terras that I like too.
+1

you won't be disappointed in the meoptas. couldn't quite swing the swaros myself, but the 15's have been so useful during scouting season and early season mule deer. They eliminate the heinous glassing headaches I used to get with just a spotter. I run them with a nice pair of 8x32 el's and a lightweight 65mm spotter. I like this system weight-wise and each piece gets used frequently.

OP
A
If you're anywhere close to Ventura, I have a pair of Meostar B1.1 15x56's that you can check out.
Oh nice. I’m in Irvine. I may have to take up on that my local shop said they were to be getting a set in this weekend. So if they don’t I may reach out. Thank you

Gasman

Lil-Rokslider
Sure, no problem, let me know. Whether you go with Conquests or Meostars, I think you'll be blown away by the quality of the glass. I just got a pair of Conquest HD 8x32's, and to my eyes they're nicer than an older pair of 8x30 SLC's that I own. We're living in the Golden Age of optics.