New 2021 Kifaru Xpac Bags?

OP
thegoosano
Bros. You can't kill this year's animals with last year's Kifaru. Like, it's not even possible.

It’s not about just wanting the latest cool bag, I legit don’t like some things about the 44mag and and am looking to switch to something lighter and simpler. The muskeg is a good option but I don’t like the basically useless flat front pocket and side pockets. So I’m hoping this new bag checks my boxes. The hoodlum is sweet and would probably be great but I wanna wait for any new 2021 bags to come out before I pull the trigger, which is the reason I started this thread

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chasewild

WKR
Best keep the "pose" of admiration towards your animal until then.
Took me a few times to get this, call me dense, but I realized it could be a leetle jab at my icon picture? I can assure you, as my wife had her phone on rapid fire, this pic was definitely not "posed." BUT, I did shed a small tear that he died on a flat spot.

Side note: the kifaru I used then, was the kifaru I used the two years previously, and is the kifaru I use now. Crazy right!

chasewild

WKR
It’s not about just wanting the latest cool bag, I legit don’t like some things about the 44mag and and am looking to switch to something lighter and simpler. The muskeg is a good option but I don’t like the basically useless flat front pocket and side pockets. So I’m hoping this new bag checks my boxes. The hoodlum is sweet and would probably be great but I wanna wait for any new 2021 bags to come out before I pull the trigger, which is the reason I started this thread

What did you have before the 44 mag?

OP
thegoosano
What did you have before the 44 mag?

I’ve had the 44mag about a year and used an exo before that. I had issues when I went from the K2 to the K3 frame with the lumbar pad sliding down my back with heavy loads so went to the kifaru and was really happy. Now just trying to find the pack that suits me the best so still searching.

I’m glad you found one that works for you!

I’ve had the 44mag about a year and used an exo before that. I had issues when I went from the K2 to the K3 frame with the lumbar pad sliding down my back with heavy loads so went to the kifaru and was really happy. Now just trying to find the pack that suits me the best so still searching.

If it is Coyote I'd be interested in taking it off your hands ;)

I have been debating on the Muskeg 5k or a 44Mag. I am a stuffer, so the Muskeg would make sense, but Xpac is loud when it is cold, and I live in Missouri so whatever pack I get will double in tree stand duty. I can't have it sound like a foil wrapper everytime I reach in to get snickerdoodles or my strawberry milk, so I've been 90/10 leaning towards a 44Mag.

chasewild

WKR

Just giving you some sh*t.

Don't get too caught up in the analysis-paralysis. If it hauls heavy things, it'll work. Good luck.

I'm with ya. I love my current pack but always like to support Kifaru and love the hip belt. The Hoodlum is the only bag that checks most of the boxes. Hopefully a new bag this summer checks all the boxes.

OP
thegoosano
Ya I’m definitely leaning towards that hoodlum if this new bag doesn’t have a couple things I’m really looking for. I’m also not gonna throw out the idea of just grabbing an exo 6400 because they actually fit onto the kifaru frames almost like they’re meant for it. I had both for a bit when I first got my kifaru and I was pretty surprised how easy it was to swap bags out on either frame

AKSandman

FNG
The bag pictures looks very similar to a backpack I saw a man wearing in the SeaTac airport last August. It was a kifaru pack with a mix of xpac and cordura fabrics. I spoke to the gentleman with the pack and he said it was a prototype he was testing for kifaru (If I recall correctly he said he or maybe his son were buddies with the headshed at kifaru) on a Brooks range sheep hunt. Anyways, yes a prototype has been spotted out and about that looks very similar to the picture for the materials concerned.

OP
thegoosano
Great info thanks, some people have DMed me with some info and it’s sounding like it will be very similar to the old Argali. But this one will be Xpac and have side bottle pockets. If it has full zip main bag access and is in the 2lb range, it could be pretty awesome.

JP100

WKR
What is the advantage of the Xpac? I know its waterproof, but is it lighter? Quieter?

It looks cool?!?

I have a muskeg and prefer the old argali. the basic argali is the best pack ive seen of Kifarus. All the rest have too many zips and shit you dont need.

Using xpac on a design like the muskeg is pointless, too many seams and zips so it is not water proof, the closure cannot be dont up tight enough to keep out anything(needs a roll top)

The pockets on the side and front are un useable when the pack is full, due to no stretch/poor design.

Over all, just a hype production line haha

OP
thegoosano
It looks cool?!?

I have a muskeg and prefer the old argali. the basic argali is the best pack ive seen of Kifarus. All the rest have too many zips and shit you dont need.

Using xpac on a design like the muskeg is pointless, too many seams and zips so it is not water proof, the closure cannot be dont up tight enough to keep out anything(needs a roll top)

The pockets on the side and front are un useable when the pack is full, due to no stretch/poor design.

Over all, just a hype production line haha

Agreed, that’s the big reason I would pick a hoodlum over the muskeg. I hope this prototype Xpac argali is simple, light, more waterproof, and just functional as an all around bag

Last edited:
OP
thegoosano
Looks like the two bags are gonna be the gnargali and the dall. Gnargali volume will be 5800ci and the dall 7800ci in the expedition size.

The gnargali will be in the 2lb 5oz range, no main bag access and close to $300. No info on the dall for weight and price

Should be released next week.

e5e696b1416646aea7aab12b5bd18c43.jpg

Last edited: