New 2021 Kifaru Xpac Bags?

Aron posted this recently and it’s definitely some new prototype xpac pack from what I can tell. Not the Kutthroat, and not the muskeg.

Anyone have the inside scoop?

91f894daac67a689f5b6c8dcd68ebb12.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
thegoosano
Ya I have a 44mag I’ve had less than a year that will definitely be getting swapped out if so .

Looks like it has kutthroat style side bottle pockets, but can’t tell if they made the outside front pocket more useful than the current muskeg flat pocket. If they made it out of something stretchy to allow for stuffing a puffy, wet gear, etc I’m definitely sold.

Oooh oooh oooh!!!! I’m going to sell a kifaru bag I got a month ago and never used so I can get that new bag.
Right!?
can we quit messing around with new bags and just come out with the EMR3 already? Like an EMR2, but with absolutely zero changes. But new. So people buy enough to make them financially viable to keep producing.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Right!?
can we quit messing around with new bags and just come out with the EMR3 already? Like an EMR2, but with absolutely zero changes. But new. So people buy enough to make them financially viable to keep producing.

The fulcrum is the emr3. But yes, I get what you are saying.

The fulcrum is the emr3. But yes, I get what you are saying.
That’s like saying the 2016 Chevy blazer is the new 1972 Chevy Blazer.
It’s just not the same(all of this is tongue in cheek, so don’t take me seriously)I’m tired of pretending it’s the same. It isn’t! 🤮

I’ve bought 5 used EMR2s (for me and for friends and for me again when mine got stolen) and a Nomad2. I guess I’m turning into one of those old “get off of my lawn” guys.

sivart

WKR
What is the advantage of the Xpac? I know its waterproof, but is it lighter? Quieter?

OP
thegoosano
Ya they go with a pretty heavy duty xpac, not a huge weight savings compared to the cordura they use. Could probably be considered waterproof if you seam seal. Honestly I’m most excited about useable side pockets and crossing my fingers for a front stretch pocket!

If that material is louder than cordura, I'm not interested.
it's louder messing around in the bag (like opening and closing) but in practical terms, it's not any louder than cordura.... maybe even quieter moving through the brush trying to be quiet, because it's pretty slick on the exterior. for practical purpose hunting, x-pac isn't loud.... now if you feel the urge to open your bag and dig around in there with a bull in bow range, it may not be for you :ROFLMAO:

what i don't like about x-pac is when it is wet out, you will eventually get water in the bag, and it doesn't drain, it stays until you empty the bag and dry it out. if i ever get another x-pac bag, it will have drains in the bottom (a couple well placed brass grommets would be perfect)

ohoopee

WKR
it's louder messing around in the bag (like opening and closing) but in practical terms, it's not any louder than cordura.... maybe even quieter moving through the brush trying to be quiet, because it's pretty slick on the exterior. for practical purpose hunting, x-pac isn't loud.... now if you feel the urge to open your bag and dig around in there with a bull in bow range, it may not be for you :ROFLMAO:

what i don't like about x-pac is when it is wet out, you will eventually get water in the bag, and it doesn't drain, it stays until you empty the bag and dry it out. if i ever get another x-pac bag, it will have drains in the bottom (a couple well placed brass grommets would be perfect)
My seek outside Xpac has these same issues. A day of solid rain and the pack will "wet out", become heavy and water will accumulate inside. Needs grommets! I still prefer it to my Kifaru packs when
I know its going to be very wet. I now use an additional pack cover when I expect lots of rain.

huntem

FNG
I scrolled down through the replies looking for Bender's name before reading the wish list / hear say content. lol

OP
thegoosano
I’m hoping someone has some good info so we know if this is a real pack and not a figment of our imaginations haha.

Could definitely just be a prototype pack that never makes it to market :(

Last edited:
OP
thegoosano
I’ve been seriously considering switching to a muskeg or hoodlum so I caved and reached out to Frank to see if he could give me any info that would make me hold off. Apparently there will be some new Xpac bags coming this summer. I have no details, and no idea if the bag in the photo will be one of the summer releases, but I do know there is something down the pipe!