New 2021 Kifaru Xpac Bags?

OP
thegoosano
It won’t work now that there are new packs coming out. Better sell it and get the newest one…that being said, I’ll probably sell my fulcrum and get a dall.

I’m looking forward to something more simple and lighter than my 44mag. Besides no main bag zip access the gnargali looks about perfect. Almost 1.5lbs lighter and more volume than my current setup, not gonna complain about those numbers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"

I’m looking forward to something more simple and lighter than my 44mag. Besides no main bag zip access the gnargali looks about perfect. Almost 1.5lbs lighter and more volume than my current setup, not gonna complain about those numbers

I’m with you. My fulcrum has been a solid pack but if they are going to have some lighter, more simple options I could get back on the kifaru train. I used the fulcrum less and less due to all the straps and buckles that made it a chore to pack and unpack. It works well, but I certainly would appreciate a lighter, simpler design.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I’ll see how much I like the zipper and overall size once I’m fully loaded. It’s going to dictate what I truly want/need.

not to mention I doubt I’d have a dall in my hands by the time I have to leave for sheep.

The muskeg is a sweet bag, that’s what I would get if these 2 weren’t coming out. I still might, who knows I mean, I havnt even seen what the dall looks like. I’m picturing a muskeg without the zipper and maybe some other small upgrade. I’m not against the zipper at all, that’s why I got my fulcrum back in 2017.

You are right though, at this point I can’t see having a dall in hand and dialed in by the sheep opener in august.

cburgin72

Lil-Rokslider
The muskeg is a sweet bag, that’s what I would get if these 2 weren’t coming out. I still might, who knows I mean, I havnt even seen what the dall looks like. I’m picturing a muskeg without the zipper and maybe some other small upgrade. I’m not against the zipper at all, that’s why I got my fulcrum back in 2017.

You are right though, at this point I can’t see having a dall in hand and dialed in by the sheep opener in august.
I ordered a hoodlum on the 23rd and got an email notification that it shipped on the 24th. Since its a new pack it could be different but they got mine out very fast.

I don’t get it. Uses fairly light xpac but has cordura on the face. Seems like an odd mix of the two materials.

The gnargali published weight is heavier than a SG sky talus 6900 but it’s smaller, doesn’t have a lid, doesn’t have zipper access to the main compartment or zippered side pockets. And they cost the same.

They look cool I guess.

OP
thegoosano
Ya I’m a little disappointed with the specs tbh. They were saying 2lb 5oz but the actual specs are 2lb 13oz. That’s heavier than the muskeg, has no main bag access, has no front sleeve, all you get are some side bottle pockets. By the time I pay for the belt pouches that’s almost a $400 pack and 3lb 3oz…about the same as the 44mag I’m already running. Arggggghhh.

May be just going with the exo 6400 on the Kifaru frame after all

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I really like that Dall pack, it would work well for mountain hunting. I just honk though that I may just hold out until I see some muskeg packs on the used market.

Ray.

FNG
It’s not about just wanting the latest cool bag, I legit don’t like some things about the 44mag and and am looking to switch to something lighter and simpler. The muskeg is a good option but I don’t like the basically useless flat front pocket and side pockets. So I’m hoping this new bag checks my boxes. The hoodlum is sweet and would probably be great but I wanna wait for any new 2021 bags to come out before I pull the trigger, which is the reason I started this thread

The front pocket is great for holding rain gear. I do wish the side pockets could hold a nalgene or something though. I just use it for tripod legs and trekking poles if I carry them.

OP
thegoosano
Well I said fu@& it and ordered the gnargali and some belt pouches. I like Kifaru as a company and trust that they made a badass pack. I’m sure I’ll love it, and I’m excited to test it out the next year

OP
thegoosano

thegoosano,​

What made you pull the trigger ? why did you buy the gnargali instead of the Dall ?

I got the smaller of the 2 because I really just don’t need the 7000+ ci here in NM on the hunts I do. I can fit an entire elk hind quarter plus most my camp and the rack on my 44mag, so no way I’d need anything bigger for 99% of my hunts. I think the extra volume and fabric would just bug me

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Well I said fu@& it and ordered the gnargali and some belt pouches. I like Kifaru as a company and trust that they made a badass pack. I’m sure I’ll love it, and I’m excited to test it out the next year

Let us know how it is! I really want to order a Dall, I just need to decide which pack I’m going to sell first, I’m trying not to hoard hunting gear that won’t get used so I need to get rid of a pack before buying a pack.

gelton

WKR
Both packs are intriguing but just not justifiable if you already have a muskeg. Little difference from a weight perspective and less functional, except for the side pockets, which for me, I would rather have a side zip.

bsnedeker

WKR
I ordered the Dall about 20 minutes after it hit the website! It's gonna replace the argali I've been using for the last 3 seasons.

I'll admit I wish it was a bit lighter but as said above, the thing is huge! With the side pockets I'm also going to drop my guide lid and just use a medium belt pouch instead. The main reason I use a guide lid is so I can strap my tripod, helinox/sit pad, whatever else underneath it, but now I can use the side pockets for that stuff. I'm also really stoked about the pocket and straps on the back of the bag to secure the bow if I want to strap it down. Overall I think the improvements are going to be worth the weight.

I'll let you know when I get it in my grubby hands.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

OP
thegoosano
I ordered the Dall about 20 minutes after it hit the website! It's gonna replace the argali I've been using for the last 3 seasons.

I'll admit I wish it was a bit lighter but as said above, the thing is huge! With the side pockets I'm also going to drop my guide lid and just use a medium belt pouch instead. The main reason I use a guide lid is so I can strap my tripod, helinox/sit pad, whatever else underneath it, but now I can use the side pockets for that stuff. I'm also really stoked about the pocket and straps on the back of the bag to secure the bow if I want to strap it down. Overall I think the improvements are going to be worth the weight.

I'll let you know when I get it in my grubby hands.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Let us know how that Dall is I’ll be interested to know what you think about the size difference between your old argali and the dall

idig4au

WKR
Oh why oh why does Kifaru not incorporate the two stuff pouches and center zip of the emr2 on their new pack designs. News flash, not all hunters are bowhunters that need to strap a bow on the back of pack!