New 6.5 PRC factory options

Great news. Love those 6.5 140gr Accubonds. They’ve been flawless so far, very accurate and everything I’ve pointed them at has been very impressed.

Have you pointed them at any elk? What was your opinion on them for elk?

Used them mostly on wild sheep and goats in a 6.5CM - flawless. The 6.5PRC hits a bit harder but still has very manageable recoil. At ~3000fps in a 140gr AB I’d expect it to be in the same ballpark but slightly superior to a 270 on elk (FPS, KE, BC, SD). My new 6.5PRC should be ready in a few weeks, can‘t wait. While it’s not likely to replace my 300wby/180gr/TTSX on an Alaskan Moose/Grizzly combo wouldn’t hesitate using it on any deer species up to and including elk.

archp625

WKR
Used them mostly on wild sheep and goats in a 6.5CM - flawless. The 6.5PRC hits a bit harder but still has very manageable recoil. At ~3000fps in a 140gr AB I’d expect it to be in the same ballpark but slightly superior to a 270 on elk (FPS, KE, BC, SD). My new 6.5PRC should be ready in a few weeks, can‘t wait. While it’s not likely to replace my 300wby/180gr/TTSX on an Alaskan Moose/Grizzly combo wouldn’t hesitate using it on any deer species up to and including elk.
Excellent, I just got my 6.5 PRC set up tonight. Can’t wait to get out and shoot it this weekend. I will be shooting 143 grain elf-x until I get enough brass to load the 140 grain AB.

I love this cartridge. I've been shooting it for a year now and I feel like it is as a versatile cartridge as you can find. I am keeping my fingers crossed that it isn't a fad cartridge that will disappear in obscurity. Although Who knows, maybe it will be the next Creedmore