New Archery Case Pelican or SKB. - Compound

Hey All,
Anyone getting rid of a Pelican or SKB case. Looking to get a good hard case for my Matthews 32.5"

Thx -

Marble

WKR
My wife and both have the SKB with rollers and the locks that undo easy. They are awesome.

I have pelicans for my rifles. They are great too. Bring your bow with you and put it in the case just to see.

And just for giggles, buy one that can hold a little bit bigger bow in case you get one with bigger cams or longer ATA.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Tahoe1305

WKR
I have the skb 4719 ultimate which has a bunk and can store arrows, binos, tripod and most other archery things for a trip all in one locked case. Loaded up it’s still under 50lbs. I’d be hard pressed to find a better case been very happy with it.

rob86jeep

WKR
I have the SKB 4217 double bow case. I'm flying out on a hunting trip soon and my fit my VXR 31.5, Ruger American 308 (the rifle is shorter than most), along with some other gear/clothes to surround the bow for protection.

I have an SKB that I bought because I got a killer deal on it but in my opinion the case doesn’t quite meet up to the quality of my other Pelican products. That said it’s worked ok for transporting my bow and has survived several flights without any bow damage.

MattB

WKR
I use an SKB double along with a roller duffel for most trips I fly to. I put a bow in each and split my gear so I am still in business if a bag is lost in transit.

SKB double bow case. Pull the middle foam pice out and put your hunting clothes around the bow. Load it to 50lbs if needed to when flying

i have one of these. Good news is it can be used as a life raft in the event of a water landing. Bad news is they are bulky and heavy. No way around it, if you are carrying 2 bows, however, if I were only carrying one bow, I would look for a smaller case.

OP
ArrowFlight
SKB double bow case. Pull the middle foam pice out and put your hunting clothes around the bow. Load it to 50lbs if needed to when flying
That’s a sick call, I’ll like that. Sounds like the SKB is a go. Dig it.

OP
ArrowFlight
My wife and both have the SKB with rollers and the locks that undo easy. They are awesome.

I have pelicans for my rifles. They are great too. Bring your bow with you and put it in the case just to see.

And just for giggles, buy one that can hold a little bit bigger bow in case you get one with bigger cams or longer ATA.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
Really nice info, solid to hear. Thanks.

That’s a sick call, I’ll like that. Sounds like the SKB is a go. Dig it.
I can send you pictures if need me too. It will take the bow and my shotgun broken down. Plus gear. Don’t expect to put it in a bush plane