New Argali Field Belt + Knife Sharpener

Brad@Argali

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
We are launching a pre-sale on a product I've been working on for 2 years today that we're pretty excited about. The Kodiak Belt is a great every day belt that has a super low-profile design and fits comfortably under a pack thanks to the flat buckle and our unique webbing capture system. We also integrated 3 different materials into the belt so it can fully shape, sharpen and hone any knife, broadhead or hook, all for a 3 ounce belt/buckle. The idea is that you'll never have to carry a knife sharpener in the field again.

I used a prototype of this belt all last year and it flat out works. For our Kodiak deer hunt last year I completely butchered 2 deer by myself, and helped on 4 others using nothing but this belt.

We're running a pre-sale for the month of April, and as an added incentive we're offering two tiers of knife discounts for people that purchase a belt. Buy 1 get 10% off any of our blades; buy 2 and get 20% off any of our blades. Shoot me any questions below.

Shop Kodiak Belt Pre-sale

KodiakBeltsComp.jpg

tpicou

Lil-Rokslider
How tight does it cinch up using this webbing capture system? Can you use it to hang stuff off your belt when not wearing it with a pack?

OP
Brad@Argali

Brad@Argali

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
How tight does it cinch up using this webbing capture system? Can you use it to hang stuff off your belt when not wearing it with a pack?
The webbing capture system works super well. It's honestly one of the best parts of the whole belt. It is different than what most poeple are used to and requires a little getting used to, but once you do I think you'll prefer it over any other webbing capture system out there.

You can get the webbing as tight as you'd ever want it to be. Basically, all you do is push the right side of the buckle in towards you stomache, push however much webbing you want in to tighten, use your thumb to push the tail end towards your left and you're done. The webbing won't move while you wear it at all, and we guarantee it won't. It's plenty strong to hold anything on the belt you'd want to, like a pistol holster.

OP
Brad@Argali

Brad@Argali

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Of course I just got 2 new belts! Do we have a rokslide discount setup with you guys?
We do offer a discount to Rokslide members on our products, BUT unfortunately not on this one during our pre-sale period.

tpicou

Lil-Rokslider
The webbing capture system works super well. It's honestly one of the best parts of the whole belt. It is different than what most poeple are used to and requires a little getting used to, but once you do I think you'll prefer it over any other webbing capture system out there.

You can get the webbing as tight as you'd ever want it to be. Basically, all you do is push the right side of the buckle in towards you stomache, push however much webbing you want in to tighten, use your thumb to push the tail end towards your left and you're done. The webbing won't move while you wear it at all, and we guarantee it won't. It's plenty strong to hold anything on the belt you'd want to, like a pistol holster.
One last question, have you found that the sharpening stones cause any wear on your clothing or is that not really a concern? Thanks for the responses!

OP
Brad@Argali

Brad@Argali

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
One last question, have you found that the sharpening stones cause any wear on your clothing or is that not really a concern? Thanks for the responses!
Great question. That was actually one of the primary concerns I had with the product when we were developing and testing it, but I can confidently say it does not wear on your clothes. The carbide doesn't have any texture to it so it does not wear on your clothes at all. Feels like a smooth stone. And the diamond grit is separated by the belt webbing between your pants so it doesn't come in to contact with your pants. Not to mention, it is 800 grit, so it feels smooth to the touch. We've done a ton of wear testing and it really isn't an issue.

CoMtnMike

FNG
So does the webbing have any built in stretch? How thick is it and how wide? My issue with belts under packs is more at the hips and the buckle issue is secondary. But if the webbing wont flex some it cant conform to hips under the packbelt.. Basically this looks just like another popular belt system I got for Christmas except augmented with sharpening options, which is cool and you are sewing it on instead of the melted nylon bump to hold it in...

I like the idea of the sharpener always on you - but it wont be if the belt isn't flexible enough to be comfortable (but not too stretchy!)

OP
Brad@Argali

Brad@Argali

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
So does the webbing have any built in stretch? How thick is it and how wide? My issue with belts under packs is more at the hips and the buckle issue is secondary. But if the webbing wont flex some it cant conform to hips under the packbelt.. Basically this looks just like another popular belt system I got for Christmas except augmented with sharpening options, which is cool and you are sewing it on instead of the melted nylon bump to hold it in...

I like the idea of the sharpener always on you - but it wont be if the belt isn't flexible enough to be comfortable (but not too stretchy!)
It's a fair point, and my short answer is I agree with your points. I wanted this to be the best functioning belt without the sharpening components, and that's why it took me 2 years to figure out how to make. It needed to be my ideal belt for packing heavy loads, and just so happen to have the dual functionality of a knife sharpener. Long way of saying, I wouldn't be selling this buckle if I dind't think it did both jobs very well.

On the specs, the webbing is 1.5" wide and about 1/16" thick. This webbing is our own unique woven webbing and is the same webbing base material used in rock climbing harnesses. So it isn't stiff, nor does it stretch like spandex, but it is flexible and comforms to your hips because of the weave of the webbing which is somewhat plyable and allows for movement of the belt on your waist. The plyabillity and weave of the webbing itself is what creates the comfortable fit that can move with your hips, but also doesn't allow the webbing to "slip" through the buckle.

I'm not sure how to explain it other than to say I've worn a lot of belts with heavy packs and I dislike most of them, particularly when packing out a heavy load of meat. The webbing of most belts can create hot spots on my hips or pinch points, or the buckle is uncomfortable. We designed this belt with a webbing and a belt that was supposed to resolve those problems, and after using it a bunch, and having others test it, it just works.

Smokeslider

Lil-Rokslider
I pre-ordered 2, you caught me during a moment when I was looking for a belt upgrade and figuring out what sharpener to use in the backcountry.

With that said, when do you think the Carbon knife will be back in stock so I can use my discount from purchasing the belts?

OP
Brad@Argali

Brad@Argali

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I pre-ordered 2, you caught me during a moment when I was looking for a belt upgrade and figuring out what sharpener to use in the backcountry.

With that said, when do you think the Carbon knife will be back in stock so I can use my discount from purchasing the belts?
Sounds like a perfect storm....Carbon's will be back in stock later this month.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

CoMtnMike

FNG
Thanks for the reply Brad. The videos didnt seem to touch on the actual belt function except for the slide under to lock design. I have a stack of belts because too often they are too stiff and so the lower part of the webbing digs in with weight on it - while other folks seem to have no issue with a belt under the packbelt. Just my hip design flaw I guess. Suspenders seem to work best for me in this regard but of course have their own issues... So the perfect belt is an interest. And I have been intrigued by the carbon knife so that discount made me look into it a bit more...