New Argali Lightweight Tent Line **Review Added 7/10/22**

BrodieBC

FNG
Just got my Rincon 2P today (scooped a used one off the classifieds) I have to say this thing packs down to almost nothing! I am super impressed so far and once the weather clears up (-15c currently and snow) I will get it out and try it out. I picked up the carbon pole and some argali game bags too while I was at it. All top notch goods and very well thought out keep up the great work and keep pumping out the products!

DeePow

FNG
Just got my Rincon 2P today (scooped a used one off the classifieds) I have to say this thing packs down to almost nothing! I am super impressed so far and once the weather clears up (-15c currently and snow) I will get it out and try it out. I picked up the carbon pole and some argali game bags too while I was at it. All top notch goods and very well thought out keep up the great work and keep pumping out the products!
Jealous! Has anyone heard rumors of when when the “more traditional vestibule” tent Brad referred to will be released?

Last edited:

Tjdeerslayer37

Lil-Rokslider
@Brad
Lot of questions about where they are made...Fabric is from Taiwan, sewn in China. But before anyone
We've been working on a tent line for several years to build a line of shelters that had all of the features we wanted in a mountain hunting tent. I'm excited to finally launch this lineup. We're going to be selling a 2P and a 4P this year, with more sizes to come in future years. If you want all of the specs/details, check out the links below. We are going to be running a limited run pre-sale on February 15th at 10 a.m. MST if you are intersted in getting your hands on one. Shoot me any questions you have in the comments below.

**7/10/22** Absaroka Review, By Jaden Bales

We designed both our Absaroka 4p and Rincon 2P to be a balance between weight, space and size. Both tents feature our new and innovative ARC Removable stove jack system, which allows you to run the tent in lightweight mode when you know you aren't going to use a stove, or in hot tent mode when you want a stove by zipping in our zipping out the stove jack. This also will save some weight and bulk in your pack.

We also use a 20D sil poly fabric, which won't sag when wet, avoiding the dreaded "tent sag" that can happen with some fabrics and maintaining usable space inside the tent. A few other features:
  • Lightweight-1.87 lbs for Absaroka 4P, 19 oz for Rincon 2P
  • Adjustable Pitch-Sewn in line-loc adjusters on all guy-out points allow you to pitch close to the ground or elevated for better air flow.
  • Reflective materials sewn in throughout the tent for night visibility
  • Single Pole Pitch-Use a dediated center pole or trekking poles to pitch
  • Modular Design-Run in floorless mode or with an Insert for traditional double wall coverage
Link to Absaroka 4P Product Page
Link to Rincon 2P Product Page

View attachment 375980View attachment 375985
View attachment 375982
Estimated ship date for the preorders from last fall?

thedutchtouch

Lil-Rokslider
My absaroka, liner, and pole showed up today. All I was able to do was verify accuracy of weights with my cheap kitchen scale (both tent and insert came in roughly 3oz heavier, I assume that's partially because they're still in the stuff sacks, partially because this scale is not great) but I look forward to pitching and seam sealing it and putting it to use.

I'd love a matching silnylon bag for keeping the pole sections together when not pitched/packed but that's an easy DIY and matching isn't necessary. Rubber band works for now.

ewade07

WKR
Just got my 4P in the mail today, Looking forward to setting it up. Total weight for the setup came in at 2 lbs 10 oz (no stove jack and amazon carbon pole). Quite a bit lighter than the Cimarron i was running. Gonna try to set it up this weekend if the weather cooperates!

thedutchtouch

Lil-Rokslider
Any word on the half nest insert for the Absaroka? I’m in for two of them when they’re available!
From what I remember that was a June? Release, or summer, but not available yet. I will buy at least one once released as well. Unless they need some advance testers or something and want to send me one before then, really liking this tent so far

From what I remember that was a June? Release, or summer, but not available yet. I will buy at least one once released as well. Unless they need some advance testers or something and want to send me one before then, really liking this tent so far

Thank you! I couldn’t find a date or time, but thought I recalled them saying something about it. Or I was thinking maybe I imagined it. I’m liking my Absaroka 4P as well. My Son bought one too and we’re using them as “palaces for one”. Lol

Last edited:

TBOArcher

FNG
We've been working on a tent line for several years to build a line of shelters that had all of the features we wanted in a mountain hunting tent. I'm excited to finally launch this lineup. We're going to be selling a 2P and a 4P this year, with more sizes to come in future years. If you want all of the specs/details, check out the links below. We are going to be running a limited run pre-sale on February 15th at 10 a.m. MST if you are intersted in getting your hands on one. Shoot me any questions you have in the comments below.

**7/10/22** Absaroka Review, By Jaden Bales

We designed both our Absaroka 4p and Rincon 2P to be a balance between weight, space and size. Both tents feature our new and innovative ARC Removable stove jack system, which allows you to run the tent in lightweight mode when you know you aren't going to use a stove, or in hot tent mode when you want a stove by zipping in our zipping out the stove jack. This also will save some weight and bulk in your pack.

We also use a 20D sil poly fabric, which won't sag when wet, avoiding the dreaded "tent sag" that can happen with some fabrics and maintaining usable space inside the tent. A few other features:
  • Lightweight-1.87 lbs for Absaroka 4P, 19 oz for Rincon 2P
  • Adjustable Pitch-Sewn in line-loc adjusters on all guy-out points allow you to pitch close to the ground or elevated for better air flow.
  • Reflective materials sewn in throughout the tent for night visibility
  • Single Pole Pitch-Use a dediated center pole or trekking poles to pitch
  • Modular Design-Run in floorless mode or with an Insert for traditional double wall coverage
Link to Absaroka 4P Product Page
Link to Rincon 2P Product Page

View attachment 375980View attachment 375985
View attachment 375982
Great review. Thanks for posting.