New arrows?

_Nick_

WKR
Justin, I just ordered some black eagle deep impact shafts plus nocks, vanes and outserts. .003" straightness and a full dozen cost me like $142 to my door. And they are a micro diameter shaft. Check them out.

Mike

Hey Mike,

It's been about a year... how have the deep impacts performed and held up for you? Durable? Accurate?

Thanks for any advice... I'm looking to purchase a set of these soon.

Evergreen

WKR
Justin what is your draw length? I have a few FMJ 400's you could try out if you'd like. I think they are 27.25 inches and they are the older non Nfused. Let me know and we can arrange to get them to you.

Tilzbow

WKR
I've got three dozen Black Eagle microdiameter arrows and have been extremely impressed. The only issue I've had is getting the Firenock outserts installed so they spin true. That said I've got 13 arrows that shoot spots to 80 yards with fixed blade broadheads and I get results to 110 yards when I do my job. I've seen zero fliers with field tips. I've also seen zero evidence with cracking and I've got 100's of shots with each of my practice arrows including about 20 3D shoots year to date.

I've had really good success and luck with the Carbon Express Maxima Hunter arrows. To me and another guy I shoot with alot they are the most durable either of us has tried. They are very accurate. However I would not pay what they are asking for them now. I bought all mine a long time ago when the prices were reasonable. If I did need more I would buy them used.

ill agree with most these posts the CE maxima hunter is tough flies great but is expensive.. i have been trying some black eagle deep impacts with the firenock outserts and besides the buggers liking to stick in my bag type targets and that getting an outsert to spin perfectly is not as easy,, i have been impressed..they are holding up better than expected when hitting the ground and are flying very well, just wish someone would make a tough outsert that didnt grab the bag stuffings . i tried the vaps when they first came out and with the original outsert they were breaking too often, but havent tried the new outserts yet.i try a lot of different arrows just to see how they perform and like the idea of the small diameter, how they shoot,the better penetration and wind bucking idea also makes sense and with a outsert you can get some excellent weight forward, eventually someone will make it work right and i will switch but for now i keep going back to my tried and true maxima hunters.