New Article by Matt Cashell

OP
Ryan Avery

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
I bought a Blue Widow the first year they came out, I think 08. I packed out 6 elk and a bear with it. Sold it 2010 to a friend. Since then he has packed out 5 elk and 2 moose with it. Eberlestock packs are super tough. By far the best pack under 400.00 IMO.

dotman

WKR
I bought a Blue Widow the first year they came out, I think 08. I packed out 6 elk and a bear with it. Sold it 2010 to a friend. Since then he has packed out 5 elk and 2 moose with it. Eberlestock packs are super tough. By far the best pack under 400.00 IMO.

I agree and if they ever fix the load lifters they would be a hard pack to pass up. I had a BW also and it was a tank but man did it suck to wear with more then 60lbs!

Travis Bertrand

Super Moderator
Staff member
Thanks for the great article, it is nice to see other packs that deserve more attention getting some that is in budget of more hunters.

Slim Jim

WKR
Good article Matt and a very good description of the packs

I have the the J34 and it is a great pack for under the $400 range. 2013 though is the year I step up to the kifaru dt1 because like others say, it needs load lifters because the shoulders start burning after about 3 or 4 miles with a heavy load.