New Article on Digiscoping

RosinBag

Super Moderator
Staff member
Nice job Matt. You make it sound so easy. I got the Tines Up adaptor and will be giving this a try in the near future.

sk1

WKR
got my zeikos and tines up adapter sitting right here with me, cant wait to give it a try later today!

Nice write up again Matt. It is surly helping out a lot of folks. Thanks again for sharing the knowledge for folks like you do. As I've told you before I look for your name to pop up and make sure I check out what you say.

I have the Tines Up adapter as well, it is a good add on to have.

sk1

WKR
Let us know right away, sk1. I would love to hear how it went.

haha wish i could do that....so i tried the tines up adapter and it doesn't fit, i measured it with the caliper as directed and it came out to 2.2 inches....I believe the adapter they gave me was for 2.1 to 2.2 inches, and it's just slightly too snug that I cant get it on all the way....trying to see if they will do an exchange if i pay the shipping,....frustrated i wanted to post some pics of the ed2 in action

Bearcat

FNG
Thanks very much for the article and information you post! I have been wanting to get into digiscopiong for a while and have been surfing the web for info. When I saw your post about your set up I really liked it and decided to go for it. I found the Sony WX1 on amazon for a good buy, got the Zeiko universal adapter and Tines Up video scope cam adapter per your link. Well I have a older Nikon field scope and that Tines Up adapter is way to big for my eye piece, my dumb fault for not relizing that, my eye peice is 1.850, Hopefully I can return it. But the Zeiko adapter will not slide enough in the adjusting slots for me to get it centered over the camera lense. The lens hits when it comes out. Rrrr. Did you have do some filing? Time to get the Dremel out I guess. Know of anything that will fit my eye peice and work with the Zeiko adapter? Well anyway mainly wanted to say awesome article and thanks. I will get it all figured out someday! ha!

sk1

WKR
But the Zeiko adapter will not slide enough in the adjusting slots for me to get it centered over the camera lense. The lens hits when it comes out. Rrrr. Did you have do some filing? Time to get the Dremel out I guess. Know of anything that will fit my eye peice and work with the Zeiko adapter? Well anyway mainly wanted to say awesome article and thanks. I will get it all figured out someday! ha!

You know the shelf for the camera can be flipped upside down and used in either direction......did you try that already?

wapitibob

WKR
as stated, you can flip the zeikos. Also, I never run the lens all the way out, only enough to get picture without the "black ring" that is seen thru the view finder.

Matt Cashell

Administrator
Staff member
Bearcat, I did not alter the Zeikos in any way. I just unscrewed the extension, and flipped the mounting plate, as mentioned above. It should fit for you as it does for me. As far as the TU adapter, get with them to get one sized correctly.

Bearcat

FNG
Just flipped the mounting plates. It works! Thanks guys! It helps to be smarter than what your working with, ha! I will get with TU and see what they say. That will be sweet if they can size one correctly. Thanks again!

sk1

WKR
Just flipped the mounting plates. It works! Thanks guys! It helps to be smarter than what your working with, ha! I will get with TU and see what they say. That will be sweet if they can size one correctly. Thanks again!

don't feel bad I did it too.....I was sitting at work playing with it and a friend of mine came by and saw that I was looking at how it didn't fit....he looked at it for 2 seconds, flipped it, and handed it back to me....I felt like a moron lol.