NEW Athlon Ares models

lif

WKR
Has anyone looked through the newest Ares spotters. Looking to purchase one and trying to find info on the difference between the original model and the new one. Haven’t had any luck yet. Thanks.

Curious about this as well. Have the original and no complaints - curious if the new one is noticeably better.

Where are you guys finding info on new Ares spotters? I did a search and couldn't find anything.

OP
L

lif

WKR
The model you have is on sale right now for as low as $450. New model is $599. Check out camera land. But apparently we need to contact Athlon for info on difference.

Cool. You can see the new features in the Cameraland NY page for the spotter. I don’t think anything really matters besides the optical quality.

We need someone to do a side by side comparison. Probably will have to be Doug. @gr8fuldoug

OP
L

lif

WKR
I called Doug yesterday and he referenced me to Athlon. I will call them today

Doug will have both of them and check them out I’m sure. He’s always in the know. We’ll get out side by side comparison. 😀

OP
L

lif

WKR
Here it is straight from Athlon. New ares spotters will come with the ability to interchange straight eyepiece for angled eyepiece on the same model. You can buy an after market eyepiece from them to change out that has rangefinder capability. Glass is the same just rebranded to sound better with UHD label on it. No change in the glass at all.

You can buy an after market eyepiece from them to change out that has rangefinder capability.

Just to clarify "rangefinder capability", what I gathered after reading the description on their website is that the eyepiece will have a MIL reticle in it.. not a laser rangefinder or anything like that.

Good to know the glass hasn't changed.. the new model looks kinda badass though!

Reactions: lif
OP
L

lif

WKR
Just to clarify "rangefinder capability", what I gathered after reading the description on their website is that the eyepiece will have a MIL reticle in it.. not a laser rangefinder or anything like that.

Good to know the glass hasn't changed.. the new model looks kinda badass though!
Yes. Accurate. Thanks for clarifying my comment.