New, Back up sight advice

Team4LongGun

SUPER MODERATOR
Staff member
Gents-
I’m going to be getting a new sight specifically for a back up. This will be for elk and kept in the truck in the event I take a fall and the bow is compromised.
This would be an ideal time to try a different sight and see what newer tech has to offer.
currently have the trophy ridge 5 pin. (Hoyt RX-1)
What do you suggest-and more importantly why?
Single pin not for me....
Thanks in advance

Thanks-heard good things about Hogg, never had one.
as reliable as any... like having a 10 ply spare tire driving around in the hills.

I kept a real deal around for a spare for several years (basically the same sight just renamed) if you break one of them, the sight likely isn't your only problem. you may just use it as your primary and turn your current sight into your backup.

I do like the bottom 2, or at least bottom pin switched out to a .010 pin on a 5 pin, just makes it a little more user friendly for the longer shots

OP
Team4LongGun

Team4LongGun

SUPER MODERATOR
Staff member
Great stuff-appreciate it.
Any reason to include/exclude other Hogg 5 pins?

406unltd

WKR
+1 for spothogg. I love mine but can only speak to the double pin fast Eddie xl. It’s tough and easy to use and very versatile when setup correctly since it’s a single post sight. Clear sight picture, but a lot of people don’t like them because of the single pi/post problems but I can shoot mine out to 60 without touching it and it’s a lot less clutter than my old 5 pin fixed. It’s all personal preference but I wouldnt necessarily be scared of using one.