New Backcountry Gearlist Article - Aron Snyder

Ben

WKR
Great article! Especially for gear queers like me who brings everything on some trips yet just about nothing on others. When can we expect part 2?

gelton

WKR
Great article and goes perfectly with your gear fairy article.

I have been waiting for two of your reviews that have been hinted at recently - Hilleberg tents and the new shelter from Kifaru...any idea of when more info on these will be forthcoming?

Last edited:

Tiger Rag

WKR
Great article and goes perfectly with your gear fairy article.

I have been waiting for two of your reviews that have been hinted at recently - Hilleberg tents and the new shelter from Kifaru...any idea of when more info on these will be forthcoming?

I imagine those are what he is testing this week. He mentioned 3 different shelters one of which he declared was "top secret" in another thread.

gelton

WKR
I imagine those are what he is testing this week. He mentioned 3 different shelters one of which he declared was "top secret" in another thread.

Hope so as I will be adding a new shelter next and if its a tent it'll be one of the Hillebergs and if its floorless it'll be a Kifaru. I am guessing his review will help in my decision.

Also just noticed that I was referring directly to Aron in a thread that he didn't post...its almost like talking to yourself in third person :)

Ryan R

Lil-Rokslider
Good read. I'm in the process of selecting a lightweight solo shelter. Leaning towards a tipi from Tigoat.

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Ryan R,
we did a video review on the Tigoat a few years ago on one of our live hunts. Here is the page. Post #220. It was a great shelter.

http://www.rokslide.com/forums/showthread.php?3188-Game-on/page11

If you contact the owner (can't remember his name) he's a great guy and was very generous in sponsoring that hunt. Tell him I said so. Cindy Wamsley probably still has it if you want to PM her.

Ryan R

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks for the info Robby. That tipi Cindy has is massive. You could run in circles till you barfed on the stove.

I love those tipi's for the extra room, especially when you got to lie low in bad weather.

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Yes, that tipi was super roomy. Don't know if that is the only size Tigoat makes. Perfect for a few guys in cold weather in the backcountry. Let us know if you end up with one. Would like to hear about your experiences.