New backpack from Kifaru - The 14'er!!!

OP
Medal Hunting
I raise a question of an upstanding US designer and craftsman who might be affected by this and he gets compared to cheap Chinese junk because he isn't Kifaru?

Yeah, thats classy.

You're more than welcome to start your own thread, and pose whatever questions you like.

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I raise a question of an upstanding US designer and craftsman who might be affected by this and he gets compared to cheap Chinese junk because he isn't Kifaru?

Yeah, thats classy.
People had asked us about a spike camp with a center zipper like the EMRII....So that's basically what the 14'r is.

I've heard nothing but good things about D gear and commend him for making great products.

As far as Medals comment, you have to know his sense of humor, as he is a very funny and intelligent guy, but could be taken wrong without knowing him.

On the 14'r design, again, it's a Spike Camp with a center zipper at it's core and we'd gotten 100's of comments from people wanting that design.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

ChrisS

WKR
Looks like a great pack. Thanks for the review and photos.

At some point Kifaru is going to get more of my money than just for pullouts and pockets. This looks like it may make the short list.

People had asked us about a spike camp with a center zipper like the EMRII....So that's basically what the 14'r is.

I've heard nothing but good things about D gear and commend him for making great products.

As far as Medals comment, you have to know his sense of humor, as he is a very funny and intelligent guy, but could be taken wrong without knowing him.

On the 14'r design, again, it's a Spike Camp with a center zipper at it's core and we'd gotten 100's of comments from people wanting that design.

Aron I'm looking for an all day camera bag, would you suggest this or the terryall for a medium slop Fstop ICU a jacket and day gear? The terryall will have front zipper access as well correct?

OP
Medal Hunting

If I offended anyone, please focus your wrath on me and not Kifaru.

Yeah, I was admitedly a little snarky but I didn't take the pictures and create this thread to compare other packs - it is about the 14'er.

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Aron I'm looking for an all day camera bag, would you suggest this or the terryall for a medium slop Fstop ICU a jacket and day gear? The terryall will have front zipper access as well correct?
The Tarryall for sure.....it's about as good as you can get for what you've described.

The Tarryall for sure.....it's about as good as you can get for what you've described.

Thank you. Is OD going to be an optio going forward or did you guys find some old stock material?

The design looks Taylor made for a guy and his camera gear.

OP
Medal Hunting
Welcome to the internet. ;)

Yep. All part of the fun!!!

BTW - Nothing personal against you LBFowler; no real offense was meant. I didn't want the thread to derail too much and I just couldn't resist the dig by posting the cheap pack. Hopefully it came across as "funny snarky" instead of "angry internet guy snarky."

Hope you all like the pictures/review of the 14'r and I'll keep looking around Rokslide and trying to soak-up as much knowledge as I can, and contributing if I have something to add.

Is OD going to be an optio going forward or did you guys find some old stock material?

Don't think so. There was a thread on the Kifaru forum a couple months ago saying they found some old stock and were trying to decide what to do with it.

Edit: Just posted by Aron in the thread on Kifaru Forums:

Aron Snyder said:
Here's what is being built, or has been built already

Spotting scope pockets

Belt pouches

Guide Lid

AMR

E&E

Xray

Apollo

14'r

Tarryall

Mountain Warrior

Antero

22 Mag

Pretty sure the Tahr, Argali and Markhor are also getting built in OD, but I'll need to double check.

I can't give you an exact date for each item, but these are getting built or will be during the next few weeks.

Last edited:

Kawabunga

Lil-Rokslider
Nice, was just looking at my Lateseason and was wondering about having a center zip on it, already converted it to cross straps, I guess it would be pretty similar.

robcollins

Lil-Rokslider
Yeah, thats classy.
For a little insight and background on Dunamis Gear, search Kifaru Forums for "HarpT", he used to be a member there, and his posts still remain.

Snicolio

WKR
Got anybody that has the 14'er already, can anybody test to see if a pair of 15x56 binos can fit in the top lid?

Pardner

FNG
Thanks for the review and specially the pictures. Just need to save up and figure out how to kit it with the Kifaru Organizer which is standard in all my packs.