new bag

Eric-solo

FNG
I'm looking for a new bag. I'm usually freezing my ass off in my 20° down bag but it is super light and compact. anybody tried a hybrid down/synthetic? best of both worlds or worst of both? this 0° bag from black ovis looks good, has anybody tried it?View attachment 370485

LSHD69

FNG
I recently ordered a down bag from Outdoor Vitals. Pretty happy with the quality at first glance. Going to test this weekend. I noticed they also have a 0 hybrid bag about the same price as the Black Ovis; but a few ounces lighter.

Marble

WKR
I'm looking for a new bag. I'm usually freezing my ass off in my 20° down bag but it is super light and compact. anybody tried a hybrid down/synthetic? best of both worlds or worst of both? this 0° bag from black ovis looks good, has anybody tried it?View attachment 370485
So the material the bag is insulated out of won't make a difference.

There is a ton more to warmth . My best advice is to go back through Kifarucast and listen to the advice on warmth at night in the back country.

Just few things that is touched on.

Stay hydrated
Bags do not create warmth.
Pads are as important.
Properly size the bag. Too big or small will create issues.
Understand how you sleep, warm, hot, cold, then make a decision on what size and brand of bag you get.

Your sleep comfort at night functions as a system. If one part of the system isn't correct, the entire thing will be affected.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

BullsDeep

Lil-Rokslider
I used the stone glacier chilkoot(treated down) this past year in September. Extremely lightweight. Weather was mild with a few nights dipping into the 20s. Was pretty impressed with the bag. Paired it with a 4.2 r pad. Although I'm considering trying the wm badger this year.

sharpk

FNG
Rei co-op magma 15 is what I ran last year and I was very happy. I had lining issues with my kifaru quilt prior to that one. Never tried a black ovis bag