New big 30 cal rifle - options

WKR
PRC, Win, which 300? Only 30 that sort of interests me is the PRC but not a lot of experience with any big 30s. The PRC factory ammo seems like the easy button.

Flyjunky

WKR
PRC, Win, which 300? Only 30 that sort of interests me is the PRC but not a lot of experience with any big 30s. The PRC factory ammo seems like the easy button.
If you’re not handloading go with the prc. If you do handload there isn’t much if any difference.

ElGreco

FNG
I had a custom 30 Nosler built. But in your range take a look at at a used cooper or a tikka and have some work done on it.

xdeano1

FNG
I just spun up a 300 PRC for my Kelbly's lite action. It's a pretty nice setup. The one drawbacks that i've been hearing on the 300prc is that you need a die that resizes further down the case than most of the die companies will do, so you're forced to look at the more expensive dies. I've also heard that you need to do a 2 step resize on the brass because one quick FL resize won't do it correctly and you'll end up with clickers.

Deano

I just spun up a 300 PRC for my Kelbly's lite action. It's a pretty nice setup. The one drawbacks that i've been hearing on the 300prc is that you need a die that resizes further down the case than most of the die companies will do, so you're forced to look at the more expensive dies. I've also heard that you need to do a 2 step resize on the brass because one quick FL resize won't do it correctly and you'll end up with clickers.

Deano

From what I gathered you’re better off using a reamer spec’d with more than SAAMI clearance at the case web than trying to get a die to size the really thick brass at the base.

Last edited: