New Bikini Foilage...shout out to daveinjax

Got my new frame the other day. I was lucky enough to soak up that frame from daveinjax. All I can say about the frame is WOW. He told me I would love it, and I do.

I couldnt make up my mind on which pack to put on it when I ordered the frame from him.. I ending up getting a highcamp with a couple of long pockets, just ordered Wednesday. Ship date of early July.

Just wanted to say thx to daveinjax, I know it killed him to have to get rid of it and wait for the new one.

Mike--lostbackpacker--

Teeton

Lil-Rokslider
I'm glad you guys are enjoying them. If it was just two inches longer..

Daveinjax I guessing you got the 24 frame." How tall are you ???" I just ordered the 24 frame about 3 weeks ago.. Now I'm only 5/9 and I didn't want the frame to high that it would catch on stuff bivi hunting. I'm just hoping that the load lifters work well with pack loaded. Ed

bradb

WKR
I am 5'7" and got 26" stays. I don't think that the stays will catch on stuff for me, I think the pack would catch well before the stays

Shrek

WKR
Teeton , I'm just big and built like Shrek. I'm all torso and relatively short legs . I had a 26" frame and the top of the frame was about even with my shoulders with just 48lbs in the bag.

Shrek

WKR
Unless you have a really short torso I would get the 26" stays. I would much rather turn to the side to look strait up that run out of lift on a heavy load.

Shrek

WKR
Just reread your post and at 5'9" I would call and change to a 26" if you can. Even the 4800ci bag goes to the top of a 26" frame so there is going to be the bag sticking up no matter. Unless your torso is less than 18" I would go for the lift. You are hunting and if successful you are going to have a really heavy pack . It's the whole point of buying a Kifaru instead of an average pack. An Eberlestock pack will carry your light camp fine but put 80lbs of elk in it and it will kill you if you have far to go.