New Bino help..

OP
I
You typically use them all day, every day when you are out there. How many times per hunt do you shoot that rifle or bow that you may have spent 1000+ bucks for?
You know that’s a great way to look at it. Glass is always something you’ll use hunting, arguably the most used piece of gear you’ll carry. I know it’s pretty subjective, some binos will be better or worse depending on your eye. Just looking for everyone’s opinions on your more readily available glass, and some of the brands you may not find and your local Sportsman’s Warehouse or Cabela’s.

Agar426

FNG
You know that’s a great way to look at it. Glass is always something you’ll use hunting, arguably the most used piece of gear you’ll carry. I know it’s pretty subjective, some binos will be better or worse depending on your eye. Just looking for everyone’s opinions on your more readily available glass, and some of the brands you may not find and your local Sportsman’s Warehouse or Cabela’s.

Agreed....also, even within the bino discussion itself, do you spend more on the 15s or the 10s? Depends on what you would use the most. Or maybe it's the ones with the greatest potential consequence due to lack of quality? Regardless, only the individual can answer that. I worked with a guy who had many rifles, and his most expensive one was his air rifle. His reason was that he shot it more often than all of his other rifles combined, so he wanted to have the best he could afford for the one he used the most.

OP
I
Agreed....also, even within the bino discussion itself, do you spend more on the 15s or the 10s? Depends on what you would use the most. Or maybe it's the ones with the greatest potential consequence due to lack of quality? Regardless, only the individual can answer that. I worked with a guy who had many rifles, and his most expensive one was his air rifle. His reason was that he shot it more often than all of his other rifles combined, so he wanted to have the best he could afford for the one he used the most.
I’ve tossed around the idea of a set of 15x but I’ve always preferred to run spotter along side and mid powered set of bino’s. I tend to lean towards running a set of 10x because I feel I’d definitely use them the most between long tripod sits or on the fly glassing.

You typically use them all day, every day when you are out there. How many times per hunt do you shoot that rifle or bow that you may have spent 1000+ bucks for?
This is a great point. Not trying to hijack the thread but what is the biggest difference between my nikon monarch 10 x 42 binos and the higher dollar units? Not trying to be a smart a@# - I honestly don't know...

b1c2r3r4

FNG
Classified Approved
Keep an eye on camofire also. I got a new Leica Geovid 10x42 hd-r for $1775 a couple of days ago. If you get your gear at a good price and decide you don’t like/want it you can sell it here for the same price or maybe loose just a little.

pc3

WKR
For what it's worth here are my thoughts....

At some stage I really want some swaro's, but if/when I get them they need to be the EL 12x50's at the moment 3k on bino's is not an option, as I wanted a spotter as well.

I opted for Meostar B1.1 10x42 HD's over the SLC (which I was close to pulling the trigger on, I looked through the SLC's briefly and yes they were great, but is the jump to the SLC's worth $800 . I'm not sure, the Meostar 10x42 HD's get pretty good reviews and they are said to be very durable.

In my search for reviews re SLC's vs Meostar (EL's offerings different stratosphere not sure it's a fair comparison given the price difference to the $1 to 1.5k offerings on the market) there are some very happy Meostar owners.

So in short I wanted to get sorted for deer hunting optics (had nothing on hand) and went with a Meostar s2 spotter with 20-70 eyepiece and Meostar b 1.1 10x42 HD's. maybe one of the biggest complaints with the Meostar bino range is cosmetics, but I actually don't mind the look.

Will I miss spotting a deer with this Meopta/Meopta combo over a Swaro/Swaro combo, I am not sure I will....doesnt mean that one day I wont own a pair of EL 12x50's but thats the combo I could afford now.

The s2 from th reviews Ive read gives up very little......still waiting for my optics

In short there are a lot of great offerings in your budget but it might be worth checking the Meopta range out there are some good deals on the Meostar range to be had at the moment.