New Binos

Need a pair of 10x42 binos. I have $1000 in points/gift cards at cabelas. This means I could get the Zeis conquest hd or the Leica trinovid hd for no money out of pocket. The other option is to keep saving for the Swarovski slc but I have heard they are officially discontinued and might be gone by the time I could get them.
How do the zeis and Leica compare to the slc? Is it worth waiting, this is the direction I am leaning.

Need a pair of 10x42 binos. I have $1000 in points/gift cards at cabelas. This means I could get the Zeis conquest hd or the Leica trinovid hd for no money out of pocket. The other option is to keep saving for the Swarovski slc but I have heard they are officially discontinued and might be gone by the time I could get them.
How do the zeis and Leica compare to the slc? Is it worth waiting, this is the direction I am leaning.
Have they officially announced that the SLC are discontinued?

In your shoes, id go zeiss conquest and use my extra money on an alpha level tripod rig

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Q child

WKR
I like the Trinovids. The Conquests are nice too though. Also, the Nikon Monarch HGs are in the same league. People want to buy the best optics they can and obsess over little details. I'm as guilty as anyone on that. And they should, its a big investment. But really, the Trinovids or the Conquests are VERY good binoculars. Sure, there are better pairs out there, but they are nipping at the heels of the very best. I'd say if you want an awesome pair of binoculars without spending additional money, then by all means go for it. If you want to nitpick and get the very best pair available, then you should spend the time and money to get the ones that work best for you.

Wapiti1

WKR
I like the Meopta's (Cabela's Instint Euro) at that price point better than the Leica or Zeiss.

That said, if I was only a few hundred out of pocket to get the SLC, that would be my choice.

Jeremy

has530

Lil-Rokslider
I disagree with the people suggesting saving for the SLC. I would take a free trinovid over a $600 SLC. As for the Zeiss vs Leica, they are both really great binos but for me the Zeiss had a little bit bothersome CA for the price point for me so I would probably go with the Leica (or for the same price at cabelas you can grab a camo finish Leupold BX-5's. But if you are able to my #1 recommendation would be to pop into a Cabela's or other store and give them all a try because all will have excellent optical quality but very different ergonomics so it would be best so see what is most comfortable to hold and fits your face well.

I tried them both out one evening at dusk in the Cabelas parking lot looking at some distant hills. l liked the Trinovid HD more than the Conquest HD. I would also take the Cabelas brand Meopta Meostar HD over the Conquest. The Conquest to my eyes would black out and had glare issues. But some might like it better so I would try all three outside the Cabelas, usually they will let someone go outside with you for a few minutes.