New binos

Brucebarker024

Lil-Rokslider
I’m looking for new binos. Was looking at Leica trinovids, zeiss conquest, maven b2, and meostar b1.

All in 10x42 minus the maven being an 11x45 or a 9x45.

I hunt out west only, don’t carry a spotter, 90 percent of my hunting is archery.

I looked through the zeiss and Leica at sportsmans for a while and honestly dang near took them off my list. Didn’t seem any clearer than my maven c1 and are 3 times the price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
B

Brucebarker024

Lil-Rokslider
Bonus points if someone has slc in that 1k price they want to sell.

HuntnPack

WKR
I chose the Leica Trinovids 10x42 HD.
Over some of the ones you listed.
Excellent glass for the price.
( can be found for 799 shipped )
nice size & weight for my Rifle / Archery
Hunting needs.

Last edited:

OspreyZB

Lil-Rokslider
I think what your realizing is the c1s are great binos for the money. None of the $1000 binos are gonna seem that much clearer because the c1s are about as sharp/clear as it gets in the sweet spot from what I remember. What you would gain from a $1000 bino would be mostly build quality and field of view (the c1s are pretty narrow). Maybe a little better edge clarity, glare control, maybe a touch brighter, etc. You should definitely look through the b2's if you haven't already. The 9x45 is incredible, as is the 11x45 I'm sure. Since you mostly glass off a tripod the 11x45 might be the ticket. You'd gain magnification and keep the same actual FOV, but gain AFOV.

AGPank

WKR
You need to look at them outside in tougher lighting conditions. If you don’t see a difference, save your money.

CameralandNY has the Trinovids on sale for $850.

OP
B

Brucebarker024

Lil-Rokslider
You need to look at them outside in tougher lighting conditions. If you don’t see a difference, save your money.

CameralandNY has the Trinovids on sale for $850.

I’d love to be able to actually test them but unfortunately I don’t have that opportunity.

I had a pair of zeiss conquest 10x42 and loved them. Low light was where they shined to me. I sold them only because of upgrading to a pair of Swaro EL’s. I’ve not looked through the others you mentioned however.

NCSU_Lewis

Lil-Rokslider
I have no regrets with my Maven B2s. I was blown away how much better they are side by side against my dad's Vortex Razors. Their demo program seems pretty neat, or may be worth posting on here asking if anyone is close to meet and look through some.

OP
B

Brucebarker024

Lil-Rokslider
I have no regrets with my Maven B2s. I was blown away how much better they are side by side against my dad's Vortex Razors. Their demo program seems pretty neat, or may be worth posting on here asking if anyone is close to meet and look through some.

I ended up with the B2 11x45s. They’re insane for the price.

dapesche

WKR
I ended up with the B2 11x45s. They’re insane for the price.

You think those 11x will be the perfect do it all magnification for you? Hand holding do they still feel ok? Did you have to upgrade your bino harness to a bigger size?

I'd like a bright 9—11x bino and there are an incredible amt of options but I seem to be drawn to maven b/c they lead with a solid product and not a brand.

I'm primarily hunting elk in thicker mountainous terrain but would like to be able to glass for bear, goat and sheep.

Both Maven b2's look like a great option.

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

TexaninSconny

Lil-Rokslider
You think those 11x will be the perfect do it all magnification for you? Hand holding do they still feel ok? Did you have to upgrade your bino harness to a bigger size?

I'd like a bright 9—11x bino and there are an incredible amt of options but I seem to be drawn to maven b/c they lead with a solid product and not a brand.

I'm primarily hunting elk in thicker mountainous terrain but would like to be able to glass for bear, goat and sheep.

If your primary stomping grounds are thick country for elk you may even want to pair the B3 8x30 with some B2s. I own the B3 8x30s and B2 9x45s…B3s are excellent glass in a super compact size.

dapesche

WKR
If your primary stomping grounds are thick country for elk you may even want to pair the B3 8x30 with some B2s. I own the B3 8x30s and B2 9x45s…B3s are excellent glass in a super compact size.

I'm struggling as I really want the 9x45s because of how light they'll be for looking into cuts in the dark of morning but I don't want the weight.

I also want a bino for open country elk, sheep, bear and goats. So the 11x45 seems like a good option as a bino for both thick and open.

dapesche

WKR
it

the b3 is a good point. I think I could probably just cruise with the 9x45s in most places and then pull out the spotter for a closer look.

If I wanted to drop the spotter and just run a bino I've likely lean towards the 12x56 but that would be horrendous to use on my typical elk hunt where that b1 or b3 would get some use.

I'm tempted to just go with he 9x45 and see how it goes. If I need more reach I can look for a different option.

the c3 is on sale right now. Maybe I'll just grab the 12x50. Probably more than enough bino for the amt of time I'd actually use it.

ericacymcdonald

Lil-Rokslider
The sig zulu9 is by all accounts the exact same as the maven b2 and seems to be easier to find on sale. There's a used one on eBay right now

I just bought the Maven B2 9x45 and the glass is def awesome, but if weight it as concern go another route. I was looking at ziess conquest hd and leica trinovid both in 10x42 and got to try them at cabelas. I couldn't believe how light they felt, then I got my mavens and was shocked how heavy they feel. Build quality is amazing but damn their heavy. Im gonna run them for a season or two and reevaluate.

OP
B

Brucebarker024

Lil-Rokslider

I really like them. My elk hunting is in some fairly thick country but deer and bear are much more open high country stuff.

They are extremely bright, very clear, I probably would’ve bought the 10x42 b series if they were in stock just so I couldn’t kept my bino harness but I’m gonna move to the medium marsupial. They are slightly more difficult to hand hold than my c series but just grab the brim of your hat and it steadies right up. This is my second set of mavens and I’m probably going to end up with their rs4 scope and the rangefinder. I really like everything they offer as a company.